NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable!!!, I take the sheets off the bed, I'm only gone for a minute to put them in the wash, I come back and Drake has shredded my memory foam mattress into pieces
do you know how expensive that mattress was????
I am at the end of my rope with him...
I know he is still a pup, but if it wasn't for him being so cute he would be chum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:
Put a hook in his tail and use him as shark bait.

Like you could ever do that.
It's a hook in the snout...thats how they do it in Europe

·
Administrator
112,302 Posts
Gaucho wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:
Put a hook in his tail and use him as shark bait.

Like you could ever do that.
It's a hook in the snout...thats how they do it in Europe

there is pics of that some where on here those fkers are sick

This post edited by canyonfvr 10:26 AM 01/14/2008

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Barb, the lil bugger is so cute how can you get rid of him. Growing pains i would say, the dog is young and has to learn. I suggest if he/she is into chewing teach him he can only chew certain things, like a bone or stuffed animal. It all depends on the dog though if he/she will learn and pick it up. Worth a try! good luck

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slick56 wrote:
Barb, the lil bugger is so cute how can you get rid of him. Growing pains i would say, the dog is young and has to learn. I suggest if he/she is into chewing teach him he can only chew certain things, like a bone or stuffed animal. It all depends on the dog though if he/she will learn and pick it up. Worth a try! good luck

As much grief as he causes me. I would never ever get rid of him. I love the "lil bugger" and couldn't imagine life without him.
My father still hasn't realized he is one chicken short.
he might be in the dog pound the day he figures that out.

He has chewy stuff and bones all over the place. He does chew them, but I guess this morning he was in the mood for something soft. :mad:

This post edited by Onemoredrift 11:03 AM 01/14/2008

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Too cute, cute because it was not my bed.;)

Slick56 wrote:
I suggest if he/she is into chewing teach him he can only chew certain things, like a bone or stuffed animal. It all depends on the dog though if he/she will learn and pick it up. Worth a try! good luck

I agree with Slick
. When we first got my dog he was an angel, and then went into a chewing phase for the ages. Remote controls, shoes, (only my wife?s:confused:) and many other things. He topped it off by peeling the zipper out of a sofa cushion
. Little foam crap all over the room. To make sure he did it right the very next day he ripped out the other zipper of another sofa cushion.

We did what Slick said and it worked wonders
. My dog understands ?NO? and ?drop it?. I bought dozens of soft toys and littered the floor with them. Anytime he picked up something that was not his we told him ?no, drop it? and when he did we gave him one of his own toys.

He would immediately shred it as I praised him for tearing up his toy. He caught on quickly and went through a bunch of stuffed dog toys, but it was better than him chewing our stuff.;)

He now still has over a dozen soft toys but does not rip them up so much nowadays. Many are several years old and he likes to carry particular ones around a lot. (He still has the oral fixation:rolleyes:) Poor Mr. Hedgehog (one of Pal?s favorites for years) met his demise a few weeks ago.

One day Pal just decided it was time to gut him. He does still like to carry the empty carcass around.

Good luck,

This post edited by Koz54 11:11 AM 01/14/2008

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Koz, thats funny, mr hedgehog never stood a chance eh :confused:

My german Shepard loves those toys with the squeaky noise in them, ya know that plastic bubble thingy that sounds like a duck? Barb should get him one of those if not already, her dog might fixate on that one toy and just go to work on those kinds of toys. Mine did this exactly!!

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
So Barb was that just the top foam part that is an add on or is the whole bed thing?
Reason I ask is that i was going to get my insurance (WC) to buy me one and wondering how you slept on it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.