NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Baby Tyler Vranick Raffle

817 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Captneilf 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I will be at the Shinne**** Star booth during the next 4 days of the NC Coliseum fishing and hunting show.

I will be selling raffle tickets to assist Baby Tyler Vranick and his parents. Every penny raised goes to the Fund to help pay his medical expenses.

First prize is a custom fishing rod built by me of value up to $400. For every $500 worth of tickets sold I will add a $100 gift certificate. Presently there are 5 $100 gift certificates.

Thanks to all you folks I have sent checks totaling $2955. Thank you so much.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
topgun228

Hi,

Thank you for asking.

It is about a very seriously ill baby Tyler. They do not know what is causing all that ails him. I was told they do not expect him to make 2 years old. I think he is about 1 1/2 now.

Tom Rock, Newsday, wrote a very nice article on Dec. 22, 2002 about Tyler and the raffle I am doing. You can ref it on the Newsday web site.

I am running the raffle till Memorial Day. Top prize is a custom rod of your choice up to $400 in value. For every $500 worth of tickets bought I add a $100 gift certificate. So far, thanks to all the wonderful folks who have purchased tickets or just donated money, I have sent $2955 to the Fund to help pay medical expenses. At the Show this past weekend I collected an additional $225. I will be selling tickets at the Winter Bash, Freeport Show and the Lindenhurst Fishermans Flea Market as well as when I am on the Shinne**** Star or any other boat.

People have called me asking about the Fund. They make a check out to the Tyler Vranick Fund and I write out raffle tickets for them.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
topgun228

Hi,

Thanks for posting Newsday link.

I don't get to talk to the Family. My contact is a retired NYC Fireman and their retirement group. I hope to attend their monthly meeting next month to sell raffle tickets and will ask.

The retired firemen have accomplished great work building ramps and what the Family needs to move Tyler in and out of his home when he goes to the doctors and such.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
SmithtownJoe

Hi,

Thanks for asking.

Make check out to Tyler Vranick Fund

I will make out tickets for you and place them in the "mayonaise jar". If you include a phone # I will call to thank you and let you know I rcvd the check.

When I get a few checks I mail them to the Fund.

Send to Capt Neil Faulkner
11 Harp Lane
Sayville, NY 11782

Thank you very much.

I will have a booth at the Frederation Freeport Show, Feb 14, 15, 16 2003.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.