NorEast Fishing Forum banner

"Average" sea conditions in Western Sound

1065 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DoctorFish
Can one say on "average" the western sound on the CT side, maybe Port Chester to Norwalk, is no greater than 1-2 foot seas? I am trying to get a realistic expectation of the conditions, hence the necessary boat. (I am aware the bigger the better, but the budget doesn't provide for a ship just now.)
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
Sea Conditions

I fish out of Port Chester and am a regular in the sots you referenced. It is realistic to believe that a 22-footer will allow you to fish in most sea conditions in this area. I had an 18-footer, which on the those 2-4 days just didn't cut the mustard. I now have a 24-footer and even those breezy days are very endurable and does not inhibit my ability to fish in most places. My experience in that you should expect 1-3 footers to be the norm. Most days, with very little wind, it is like a pond. There are others that are a little exciting, but it is rare to have a white cap day here. Hope it helps.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.