NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Auxiliary Fuel Options?

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  surfsanity 
I can't get you 50 gals but I had the same problem on my boat so I added a 19 gal plastic TEMPO under each side of my gunnels.I had them strapped down to the deck and tied into the raycor fuel filter with a three way valve so that I can isolate each one.This gave me an additional 26 gals.Check the sizes they have available.
paulie

Gas Caddy

I wouldn't recommend the gas caddy.It wasn't made for that purpose.Its really for bringing gas to the dock and filling your tank there.It is dangerous to tranfer gasoline while offshore.You don't know what kind of seas you'll be in when you need it.Alot can go wrong.If you look at the for sale forum look at my boat"Bad Attitude",you might be able to see the portable tanks in a picture.

I believe its 7 lbs a gal. My tanks fit nicely under the gunnel,they stick out about 4".Their really not an obstruction.They are strapped down good and can't move.You can choose any tank by just switching the valve position and you can tie them into your gas filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.