NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention All Members,

This morning at about 3 A.M. Saltwaters Tackle in West Islip was broken into and robbed of thousands of dollars with of rods, reels, and tackle.

Store owner Mike McGee let me know that the intruders stole all of his premium brands, including Avet, Penn, Shimano, G Loomis , Seeker, and Rogue. According to his store alarm, they were in and out in 6 minutes. Mike beleives, because of the quickness of the robbery, that this could very well be a previous visitor to Saltwaters Tackle.

Please keep your eyes and ears open. If anyone has any information, please call the Suffolk County Police Department. They have a Crime Stoppers Hotline 1-800-220-TIPS. The tackle shop phone number is 631 539 9422. Please call Mike only if you have information for him today. As you can imagine, he will want to keep his phone lines open.

If there are updates, we will post them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Guys. This is horrible! Mike is an excellent guy and had an awesome thing going for him.
Please. If anyone knows ANY information give it up!
ALSO! CHECK EBAY! Look for these items CHEAP on EBAY!
This could help us find the crook!

Mike. My heart goes out to you. From one shop to another.
-Dave JR

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Thats a shame, he's been doing real good job of putting that place together. I hope this doesn't screw him up too much. I'm pretty sure he had a hand full of van staals too. Hopefully insurance will get him through this and back on track. He's right down the block from me, I'm spoiled now.

You know, you think of fisherman as a brotherhood, more trustworthy than the average public. Then some duesh goes and does somthing like this. It's not even a bad nieghborhood. My guess is some kids that want what they can't afford.

Thats a good Idea with ebay and craigslist. also keep an eye out at Captree. I would assume it's some one from that area, and thats the closest marina. I've seen people selling gear real cheap to patrons getting onto party boats, even while on a party boat.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
nprtrodnreel wrote:
Guys. This is horrible! Mike is an excellent guy and had an awesome thing going for him.
Please. If anyone knows ANY information give it up!
ALSO! CHECK EBAY! Look for these items CHEAP on EBAY!
This could help us find the crook!

Mike. My heart goes out to you. From one shop to another.
-Dave JR

why can't more people have your class?....same business and competitors however when it happens it hits all of us...

sorry to hear about your loss and hopefully insurance will the cover the cost of goods....however nothing will replace the frustration i am sure

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you.

Hello everyone,

We would like to thank everyone that has been listening and looking. nprtrodnreel we thank you for your concern and compassion.

Suffolk County police has a number of leads and a good amount of evidence from the scene. So we are hoping to get these animals.

If anyone has any info, please contact me at 631-539-9422 Ask for Michael or Suffolk County Police at 1-800-220-TIPS.

We will post a follow up with items taken. We have been busy with crime scene, window replacement, and cleaning, along with our daily operating.

We apologize to the guys that were turned away in the morning by crime scene. " We'll make it up to you ."

Again, we thank everyone and appreciate any info.

Michael M
Saltwaters Tackle,inc.

This post edited by MMsaltwaters 08:29 PM 01/25/2008

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I got this from another site.

Here are the serial numbers of the Van Staal stolen. Keep an eye out for them and please spread this to all the messsage boards everywhere.

These were in the show case, they didn't get the boxes.

VS100 14636
VS150 13745
VS200 14652
VS275 15908

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.