NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about parking around the back of Argyle Lake in Babylon, neat the RR tracks.

There is paid parking for the RR directly behind the lake, and then there is a parking area at the extreme west end that appears to be free parking. Does anyone know if you can park there free to fish??

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just called the Town Hall and got conflicting answers. They don't seem to know. Even in the pay-to-park lot, there is never anyone there to even ask. I assume that if you park there in the evenings or weekends to fish, that no one would bother you. Otherwise, there is really no place to park to fish the lake in that area.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I've parked there a few times and haven't had a problem. I dont have any stickers or anything like that, and its just an open lot. I don't recall seeing any signs regarding having a permit. Just to make sure, this is the lot directly north of the lake.

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
the triangle lot?

If this is the lot your talking about I think that it's o.k. to park there after 9:00 or so, whenever the guy in the booth closes ( he is there for the early a.m. commuters

·
Registered
29 Posts
Argyle lake.

Hello everyone. new to freshwater fishing, been a salt water guy all my life. Started watching the shows on tv, so now I want to fish sweet water. Live nearby Argyle and would like to know some things about it. Want to fish for bass. Are they in this water? How and where do you fish for them? Thankyou in advance for any info you supply.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.