NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a new depth sounder in the 500 dollar price range... no need for integrated gps unit. I do freshwater trolling on lakes in the spring and then switch to coastwise stuff for stripers with limited near shore bottom stuff (cod/pollack). What are your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
10,365 Posts
I like Darth's solution here. That DS500 is a very sweet piece, as are the more current 6" offerings from Lowrance. I think both the Raymarine and Lowrance pieces new, are about double what you want to spend though.

Let me scout around a little and I'll be back to you.

Lep

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
I got the DS600 with a 6" screen for sale. :)
I just took it off the used Condenter I bought and replaced it with two C-70s and a DSM30. Very happy with the Ray fish finders.

The DS600X is a 600w system, but it sounds like you don't fish anywhere near 1000' deep so it will give you all the markings you need.

I like color machines as it's easier to distinguish the markings you get. You can also get a new 5" lowrance for around $500...
Like the X510c with a transom mounted ducer.

Lowrance X510c w 50/200 T/M ducer at BOEmarine

OOOOOOORRRRRRRRR...if you can plunk down a bit more change...get the Humming bird 797c2 SI, it's around $900 but what a machine. I don't know how deep the lake you fish are, but if it's less than 150 you can get very clear pictures of the bottom. Also the regular fish finder on it is very good also.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just up graded to a furuno 585, & am sending my 582L to furuno so it can be checked out befor I sell it.
It has no transducer as I am able to use the thru-hull from the 582L with the new 585,which by the way is awsome.
If your not in a hurry PM me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.