NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small c/c 17-18 maybe 19 to run around in. I'm looking at a Scout 93' 172 C/C. Guy says it's in good shape needs an engine which I don't mind getting.
I just go rid of my 85 Angler that had a 88' 88hp Evinrude as I wanted to get a newer boat w/ newer power and this seems like a good opportunity. However I've never been on a Scout. I've seen them and they look like a nice boat. Again I'm looking for a bay/ possible Sound boat c/c so I can put the wife up front on a bow cushion and I can fish when she wants to go. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I owned a Scout 14.5ft Sportfish center console. I am familiar with the 172 boat you are interested to buy, I feel that Scout offers real value for money. Their fit and finish is excellent. Scout is still family owned and is very innovative and provides great customer service. Their hull design is very interesting with modified vee and combination sponson, airlift tunnel and planing pad. These hulls are efficient and provide a decent ride in the bay. Foam filled for safety, and 950lb. light weight. Max engine rating 130HP. I would caution on using this boat in heavy seas, due to 9" shallow draft, light weight and less than 20" freeboard. I traded my Scout for a Grady White 18ft. Sportsman Center Console so I could fish the east end rips at Plum Gut and go out into the Atlantic. Got my money's worth on both boats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.