NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sea-jay, So far I've found that there is a lot of wood in it, deadrise at the transom is about 9 degrees, but they are 'cheap'. Have you taken one for a spin yet. what do you think? gary

·
Registered
898 Posts
GaryT:

I did not get as far as visiting the dealer or taking a test ride. As far a pricing I seem to remember a dealer ad for a new 27 foot maycraft with a cabin and twin merc 200 HP outboards for something like $55,000

·
Registered
96 Posts
You may want to try and get in touch with Capt.Tony Delernia of "Rocket Charters". He fishes out or N.Y.C. in the 25'-27'May Craft? He navigates the waters around NYC and as far east as Long Island Sound and Jamaica Bay. He's very active with CCA and a all around great guy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I do not have a Maycraft I can attest to their quality. My family was involved in boat building until my Father sold the business and retired(not Maycraft) and I can tell you that they are a fantastic boat. The are not flashy, but if you want a solid boat that is well built and a company that will stand behind their product, you will not regret Maycraft. I now live in NC but grew up fishing on Great South Bay and around Massapequa so I still keep tabs on the fishing up there. Maycrafts are very popular down here and I have yet to hear of a single person who is unhappy with it.
Hope this helps

This message was edited by SquidRow on 2-15-02 @ 10:47 PM

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I read a couple Maycraft threads on another boating site where about 60 replys were posted many from Maycraft owners, NOone had anything bad to say about this boat or company. Ive never even seen one before but after all these good reviews will be looking ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gary,

I just ordered the 1900 CC with a Yammie 100hp 4/stroke. Another guy with that set-up says he gets 35mph top end. I'm a recovering sailor ;) so anything over 6 knots and I'm all excited. I get the boat on 3/21 so I'll give you a (hopefully glowing) report after that.
The boat looks solid and "rugged". It is not shined up as nice as a Sea-Pro or something. I'm curious to see how the modified V-hull works out. The bow is like a Mako, but the deadrise at the transom, as someone pointed out, is only around 10 degrees.

I am hoping that the bow will be able to cut though waves like a deep-V and the stern will keep the boat from rocking too much. We'll see.

This is my first power boat. I wanted something I could trailer but would still give me a fighting chance against the steep chop that blows up on the mid-Chesapeake Bay. I figure most of the time I'll be within 4-5 miles of land and I can try to run and hide before it gets exciting.

I'm an illegal alien on this board, since I will fish Chesapeake Bay.

BTW, Some of the spec sheets on the 1900 CC show the hull weight as 1550, but that is incorrect. It is actually 1900.

I just bought a used Ford ******** V8 to tow the load, which will be around 3700lbs. Hope that does it.

Good luck with whatever you get!
Warmer's coming!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.