NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, fellas. Before I go and find a plumber from the Pennysaver, I figured I would try and keep the money in the family. So, are there any plumbers on Nor'east that have a few nights free or maybe a Saturday open to make some extra cash?

Here is what I need. I am almost finished with the basement remodel. However, the "closet" down there has all the pipes from the house located under the joists to the first floor. I would like them cleaned-up a bit and recessed into the open bays. That room will eventually be a bathroom too!

I could "piker" my way along the process, but with the baby, I can never guarantee more than a few minutes to myself.

Anyone wanna stop by and check it out?

Oh yeah, FREE BEER! *(upon completion)*

This post edited by Makoman16 08:13 AM 01/07/2008

·
Registered
924 Posts
I called a plumber once out of the pennysaver to sweat some pipes and put in a zone valve. About two hours worth of work from startup to cleanup at most. I had already had all the parts. The guy came over and told me it would cost $800. I couldn't believe it ! I told him no thanks. Then another guy calls me back and says I know my friend just gave you a price but I can do it for less, how's $600 ? I said no thanks, and just ended up doing it myself. Just wanted to let you know that I did not have a good experience trying to get a plumber from the pennysaver.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the PM's fellas; I have a few numbers to call. If anyone else sees this and wants to throw their hat into the ring, feel free. I bet we could all use the side cash!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Makoman16 hello I wanted to let you know that I am a licensed Master Plumber in NYS & Suffolk County & I did see your post the other day however I am located out on the East End of the island & its just to far to travel besides being as busy as a one armed paper hanger. Just becareful about who you hire as water damage or inproper installed plumbing could be very dangerous & costly. Most guys don't carry insurance that are doing it on the side & it's not something to fool around with because a lot of property damage can occur or even death from improper venting. If you would like to P.M. me please feel free & good luck. Chris

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya, nap. Thanks for steppin' in. I don't think it is that complicated. I can move the supply lines myself. I have it all drawn out. Then it's just a matter of condensing the waste pipe and moving it back toward the outside wall so that I can build a wall in front of it for the bathroom. The waste pipe can actually stay below the joists since it will be behind a "wall."

FYI ~ the ceiling in the room will not be a drop ceiling, but it will be a "new ceiling" that is removable!

This post edited by Makoman16 10:02 AM 01/08/2008

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the heck; I am bored silly at work. This is what i would like to do. NOTE ~ not drawn to scale!

Diagram #1: An arial view of the current plumbing pipes. The bold walls represent the entire space of the room. The dotted lines are the joists. The circles are the drain pipes coming down into the "room"; the smaller 2 are for the kitchen sink and the 1st floor tub, the larger one is a 3" for the upstairs bathroom, and the largest circle represents the waste stack.

Currently, my basement "closet/room" looks like the first diagram, with the copper waste pipes below the joists. I would love to be able to change that into diagram #2 and bury the new PVC waste pipes into the open bays.

Is the workable?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.