NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I use Quantum's Cabo PTS reels on my lighter 7 1/2 - 8 foot stix.
AWESOME!! Smooth as silk, amazing drag. Very happy with them. :)

I am considering replacing a VS150 with the comparable size Cabo and i REALLY like that VS :) If these things were as immune to dunkings as the VS I would have the 50 or 60 on the big stuff!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!!!
I had a brand new Pflueger within two days the anti reverse crapped out on me. I sent it back to the company free of charge they replaced and three days later it happened again. I sent it back got a new one and sold it on EBAY. Then got a Penn, no problems except for the line roller freezing but that was in 23 degree weather for four hours. Don't do it if only for your own sanity.
The Bocas are good reels so the Cabo has got to be pretty decent itself.

This post edited by frankiesurf 06:31 PM 01/16/2008

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bang for the buck?

Looking at the following to replacing my aging Daiwas and hoping that I'll be able to make a decision after browsing the products at one of the upcoming expos:

Okuma Salina 55 or 65
Shimano Spheros 5000 or 6000
Cabela's SaltStriker Metal SSM50 or SSM60

·
Registered
770 Posts
love quantnum reels. all my fresh water and light tackle reels are quantum along with my surf rods. on the surf rods cabos but I won a quantnum blue runner at the surf seminar in september. pretty good reel for free. if you are wet suiting go with a van stall, and you cant beat a pen 704 for durability.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.