NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always wanted a ram with the 02 - 08 body style since they first came out and the right time/opportunity has presented itself. I am supposed to take delivery on Monday of an 03' ram 1500 (4x2) Upone leaving the dealership, I noticed that the front end seems to be sitting a little lower than I think it should. I bounced the fron end of the truck and the suspension seemed pretty solid so I told the dealer before I left that I'd like that looked at before I pick up the vehicle. He said he would check it out but that normally the front end dits a bit lower on the 4x2 package (as opposed to the 4x4)...Sounded weird to me but I told him whatever...just look into it.

I took some pics before I left in hopes that one of you fine souls might be able to add some insight...tell me what ya think:

Attachments

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
canyonfvr wrote:
Junk same old drivetrain recycled from the 6o's

Boy that was a well thought out answer to my question...?:rolleyes:

EDVAC...I have the carfax report. One owner, No accidents.

This post edited by BLUEFISH9 08:11 PM 09/06/2008

· Administrator
97,452 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
Boy that was a well thought out answer to my question...?:rolleyes:

Its the truth junk tranny junk rear ends junk 4wd body looks nice though

· Administrator
97,452 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
nevermind

Guys if you cant help with THE QUESTION...why reply?

I LIKE THE TRUCK....I WANT ONE.

Now...on to the front end question....geeeeez

4x2 will have a less beefier suspension hence the sag from the motor sorry didnt mean to rain on your parade Best of luck with the truck

· Registered
7,348 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
nevermind

Guys if you cant help with THE QUESTION...why reply?

I LIKE THE TRUCK....I WANT ONE.

Now...on to the front end question....geeeeez

4x2 will have a less beefier suspension hence the sag from the motor sorry didnt mean to rain on your parade Best of luck with the truck

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Front end adjustable?

canyonfvr wrote:

Makes sense to me. Thanks. I wonder....On my old 73' Dodge challenger, the height of the front end was adjustable. I remember my mecahnic raising the front end in like 30 seconds via two nuts on top of the struts or something...

· Registered
794 Posts
Dodge Ram............My Favorite Truck

To: Bluefish9 (Cany need not reply)

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 4x4 short bed. The Dodge light duty trucks all sit lower in the front than the rear. That's how they're built, both 2x4 and 4x4's. To level the truck requires a front lift kit designed just for that purpose. It will raise the front end three inches. NO steering or alignment is needed as this kit will NOT change the front end geometry. Any higher [front or rear] then it gets really expensive.

I like the body style on the Generation 2 trucks. So, instead of buying a new truck I decided to rebuild my 2001 Ram. I ran the truck for 154,000 miles with only minor repairs and faithful maintenance.
All running gear replaced [trans,differentials,bearings,brakes,rotors,calipers etc. [you get the idea]. Wanted to drop in a Hemi but the cost was prohibitive so I went with a 440cid bored to 458cid. Lots of goodies and puts out 540HP. This thing is a Hoot to drive.

New paint, flares to cover the larger tires and rims and a tat on the tailgate. This truck is legal in Pa. [well, almost]
A few pictures of my "DODGE" truck.

Dennis

Attachments

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now that is SWEET! I was actually thinking of doing something similar. A friend of mine did the same thing in his truck, only the rods stand straight up instead of on the angle like you have AND it holds far less.

How did you mount the board to the bulkhead / front of the bed?

This post edited by BLUEFISH9 04:39 PM 09/07/2008

· Registered
30,413 Posts
At work our pickup fleet for 01, 02, and 03 were Dodge Ram 1500 4x2's.....:rolleyes:

They were nothing but trouble..........:rolleyes:..........when they replaced mine with the 04 GMC Sierra, it had 193,000 miles on it and had tranny replaced or rebuilt 2wice and 1 engine job.

Yes, it's a lot of miles for only a few years old, but I put a ton of miles on my work truck..........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...........about 200 miles a day during the summer and in the winter months that could get close to 300 a day...........

The Dodge groupo were the worse bunch of truck we have had to date...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Run Bluefish Run................:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
67,033 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:

Makes sense to me. Thanks. I wonder....On my old 73' Dodge challenger, the height of the front end was adjustable. I remember my mecahnic raising the front end in like 30 seconds via two nuts on top of the struts or something...

Your old 73 had a torsion bar suspension and you could adjust the front end by tightening or loosening the torsion bars.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.