NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,240 Posts
here's the add....

Thinking of starting your own party fishing boat...Now is your opportunity...We are offering to the first person who shows up with the cash this famous party boat that was out of Port Jefferson, NY and is now located in Mattituck. It is 48.8' and was built in 1978 comes as is where is. It runs and is powered by detriot 671 single diesel engine (Engine was resently rebuilt). Come and take it away. Best offer gets it. We need the space. Contact Jim or Steve at 631-298-4480.

$1000.......must not have a COI.....

· Registered
841 Posts
If we could get a group of about 20 of us northeasters together each with $50 we could go down there to buy the boat and take it out for a day of fishing. At the end of the day we beach it somewhere, go home and forget about the boat. Cheaper than a charter trip and I am sure there is at least one good captain among us that can find a good haul of fish. Besides, we don't need any COI.

· Registered
318 Posts
Seajay2 wrote:
If we could get a group of about 20 of us northeasters together each with $50 we could go down there to buy the boat and take it out for a day of fishing. At the end of the day we beach it somewhere, go home and forget about the boat. Cheaper than a charter trip and I am sure there is at least one good captain among us that can find a good haul of fish. Besides, we don't need any COI.

You forgot to add the fuel in per person....Maybe after the trip the 20 could put it on e-bay...

· Registered
10,661 Posts
The end of an era!

To see the pics and read the ad makes me very sad. Regardless of any pros and cons folks will come up with, that vessel, the Port Jeff Prowler was my career for many years and helped me support my family. She gave me everything she had and then some. As a single screw vessel she is a wonderful vessel to operate. Oh, how we bloodied her decks with bluefish! She was the training ground for several capts and many mates. These mates are now very notable for the great PB/CB onwers/capts that they have become.

In the hands of the right person willing to spend TLC, time and dollars on her I am sure she can become a money maker again as she has been in the past.

I hope her glory can be restored. She deserves and has earned a better ending.

Capt Neil

· Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neil,
I was there with you , side by side, many a day "bloodying the decks with bluefish" ......... it is a part of party boat history on the Sound, and yes, it is sad to see her go.
Capt John

This post edited by capt13 11:21 PM 08/21/2008

· Registered
899 Posts
Many, many days spent looking at her from across acres of blues on top. Check me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the current NYS record tog taken on that boat as well? It may have neen the Ace, but I think it was the Prowler.

I'm sure someone will find a home for her, built in '78, that's newer than alot of boats out there now.

· Registered
6,065 Posts
Captneilf wrote:
To see the pics and read the ad makes me very sad. Regardless of any pros and cons folks will come up with, that vessel, the Port Jeff Prowler was my career for many years and helped me support my family. She gave me everything she had and then some. As a single screw vessel she is a wonderful vessel to operate. Oh, how we bloodied her decks with bluefish! She was the training ground for several capts and many mates. These mates are now very notable for the great PB/CB onwers/capts that they have become.

In the hands of the right person willing to spend TLC, time and dollars on her I am sure she can become a money maker again as she has been in the past.

I hope her glory can be restored. She deserves and has earned a better ending.

Capt Neil

I can think of no one better than you to keep her alive, Neil :)!

In all seriousness, it's sad to see yet another long time member of NY's party boat fleet gone. All the best to the owner in his, or her, future endeavors.

· Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw that Blackfish ........... in a cooler at Mo's (Four Winds)!
Unforgetable! And yes It was the Prowler, I believe on a wreck south of Bridgeport. (about 3 miles east of Flintstone Mark)

· Registered
899 Posts
I know the one, John. Fished it a few times the last 2 or 3 years I was up there in December. Basically, after the rest of the fleet was done, I had my pick. I liked that piece (if we're thinking of the same one).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.