NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just recieved my Sidewinder and I must say to me it is shoddy craftsmanship.

I Have 2 others but I bought those from RED in SHB about 15 years ago for about $80 a piece and they are of quality.

My Question is did anyone else buy one of these from a local store or sleeze baya/ If so do you have a hard time reeling it and do you have ridges in the spool?

The other ones I have are working just as good as they did when I first bought them.

This post edited by Russtheman 07:36 PM 01/08/2008

·
Banned
809 Posts
Apples to apples. Anko bearing have much tighter tolerances and IMHO are better made. Of course, the Ankos have inferior reel feet and spools. 6 of 1..... In any of either, you have to lube, adjust and break them in.

Undo the screw (reverse threaded?), undo the thumbscrew, lube sparingly (I use 3 in 1, but that is probably not the 1st choice), and reassemble the thumbscrew. Play with the thumbscrew til you have a tiny bit of knock, but it spins freely. The difference between binding and the perfect setting is TINY. Then put in the screw. Sometimes this will throw off the adjustment enough for it to bind. Do it til it is right and never touch it again. Given enough fishing, it will become somewhat smoother, and eventually wear out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.