NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can rig a drift sock very simply by attaching a line to the loop on the wide end and tying it off an eye at the stern. Line should be long enough so the sock will reach the ****pit. Attach a second slightly longer line to the loop at the small end of the sock and keep the other end of that line tied off at the ****pit. You want a little slack in this line so the sock will deploy properly but when it's time to bring the sock in you can pull it the ****pit with the this line, comes in easily small end first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
use a lobsterman's bait bag

I've had good luck using a lobsterman's bait bag stuffed with 3-6 pounds of rocks --- scoop the rocks up on the shore, keep 20' of rode in a second biat bag, dump the rocks out overboard before the paddle home.

It's a cheap and simple rig --- good for a guy as cheap and simple as I am.

Also I don't have to worry about getting bruised, nicked, or falling on grapples, nor have to deal with one more piece of bulky equipment in the car for the drive to the put-in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
rigging question

i am very interested in learning more about how people have successfully riged a anchor system. I want somthing that makes it possible to choose which way the kayak faces. After going to a marine supply store, there seems to be many options but i want to "measure twice and cut once" so to speak. I have a sit in (walden Scout) and any advice is appriciated. Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.