NorEast Fishing Forum banner

American Cancer Society Relay for life

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  shoeman 
#1 ·
Two of the scouts from my troop are participating in this years Relay for Life. They have formed a team and are seeking donations. They will be tag teaming to walk the 12 hour relay to raise money to fight cancer.
I myself have had family members taken from me from this horrible disease. I?m sure everyone here has also known someone that has fought cancer. There are more survivors these days because of research , but it takes money.
So if you are a contributor or would like to become one here is your chance.
I?ve posted a link to their team site. Please check it out.

Troop 261

#6 ·
My job, Vonage, has raised $98,000 for relay for life so far. Bake Sales, Ice Cream (make your own sundae) and a few other gimmicks like video game tourneys all raised money. The good thing is Vonage will match whatever we make
Nobody thought it would get this big. This Sat Night 5-17 we have a walk-a-thon 1 1/2 miles around the vonage grounds to raise more money. Food, Drinks, music. We are pulling an all nighter, 1 person from each group must be walkin at all times around the perimiter of the Vonage property to win. We are takin donations. Anyone is welcome. So get your butt out there if you are interested. Please let me know if you are interested and
I will post the time it starts if I get responses.

Vonage
23 E Main st
Holmdel NJ 07733
Exit 117 or 114 of the Garden State Parkway

This post edited by Slick56 03:44 PM 05/14/2008

#8 ·
I cant post the link because its on my local network for Vonage. Here is the copy paste of the relay for life. I belive there is a link where anyone can view it. Let me know

Vonage is hosting
the American Cancer Society?s
Holmdel Relay for Life
May 17 & 18 2008
23 E Main st
Holmdel NJ 07733

Relay for Life
Relay For Life is a fun-filled overnight event designed to celebrate survivorship and raise money for research and programs of the American Cancer Society. On May 17 and 18, Vonage is hosting the Holmdel Relay for Life on our Great Lawn. During the event, teams of people will gather at Vonage and take turns walking laps. Each team tries to keep at least one team member on the track at all times. It?s an opportunity to celebrate, remember, and fight back against cancer. Your involvement will help the American Cancer Society work toward a mission of eliminating cancer as major health issue and will support much-needed services in your community.

Get Involved in Relay For Life
The Relay For Life planning committee has been putting together a fantastic agenda of activities and entertainment for all ages.
Some ways you can get involved:

Start a relay team or join an existing one by visiting http://events.cancer.org/RFLholmdelNJto sign up.
Check out the updated Mark Your Calendar section of the Vonage Voice to attend organizational meetings
here at Vonage.
Support Vonage relay teams when they fund-raise around the building.
Join a committee to help organize the event. There are plenty of tasks and initiatives surrounding the event and we need your help. If you?re interested in helping email Relay4life@vonage.com.

#10 ·
BennyV wrote:
Hey Crabby,

I just made donation for the troop. If there is anything else that I can do to help out just let me know. When is the event and where is it taking place?

-Ben
Thanks Ben,
The event was a couple of weeks ago, but the boys will still get credit. They did the walk for the 12 hours. I just happen to have spent this week with most of the Boy Scouts that participated in the event. They helped out with a Cub Scout camp. They are a very dedicated group to the welfare and service of others. They are a pleasure to be around.

Again a "Bully" to everyone that thought of others and donated to this cause.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.