NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from pacific beach in long Beach.
Bunker were all over the place in the wash.
Bass and blues where all over to.
I hooked up with about 5 blues as soon as I hit the water a blue was on.

Action died with the tied.
Later should pick up

·
Registered
39 Posts
im new to the surf game and with no boat need despratly to find bass and blues from land. i know that those good old spots are priceless and wouldn't imagine anyone revealing them to me but would love some advice on finding a decent spot for surf blues and bass. thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fisherking try using "FRESH" bunker chunks anywhere from Cedar Beach thru Tobay and Jones Beach Field 6 on the south shore. If your looking for blues look for the birds otherwise if your looking for stripers the birds won't tell you where they are unless they're running under the blues. Blues tear bait apart. Thats why you'll see so many birds diving so they can get an easy meal. But stripers swallow the bait whole so theres nothing for the birds to eat. You won't see any birds flying over a big school of stripers.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
THERE ARE PLENTY OF TIMES WHERE BIRDS ARE ON STRIPERS. WHEN THE BASS ARE ON PEANUTS THE BASS CHASE THEM TO THE TOP AND THE GULLS EAT THEM WHOLE. THAT ACTION SHOULD START WHEN THE WATER HITS ABOUT 55 DEGREES.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Birds are helpful but don't wait for them either. Many times there are fish there and feeding but no sign of birds. Case in point: Last month one morning off Gilgo a HUGE school of bait (bunker?) was being assaulted by bass and albies. Not a bird to be seen.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
498 Posts
Birds are good but if the birds are at the waters edge assaulting the bait fish, that doesn't mean they are being assaulted from below too and most of the time it's better to stand back and wait instead of chasing the bait before the blues come in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.