NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing the Amawalk for 5 years and have a boat at area #9, I have caught LM Bass, SM Bass, Crappies
Catfish, White perch, Yellow perch, and bullgills, pumpkinseeds BUT never caught any trout, I always fish with Live bait (sawbellies and minnows). any tips on where to get trout.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, move your boat...

Unfortunatly, thats your best bet.

Amawalk dosn't have a good population of trout. wWter temps, oxygen levels really don't match what trout prefer.

If your covering large areas, using light line, long leaders and keeping your terminal tackle to a minimum, then you should be seeing a few atleast.

If it was me?

I'd be looking into moving my boat to Cross River or Croton Falls.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

But I prefer Bass over trout anyday and all the other fish are great to catch I am a catch and release fisherman. I do keep crappies and perch cause they are delicious. Plus 5 boats is the most i saw there at one time. even if i don't catch anything it is a peacful day away from NYC............. plus moving the boat cost $100

Thanks any

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amawalk and trout

I agree with Crash here. Best places for trout are Croton Falls and Cross River (until Kensico opens for boats anyway, but then too many **** lakers). Was out on Croton today and it was really slow. Had one fish in about four hours of fishing. I think these weather changes have really slowed things down. By the way, there aren't many more boats on either Cross River or Croton Falls, except for Saturdays, so I wouldn't let crowds scare you. And, those two bodies of water are big time smallmouth lakes in the fall. Take care.
Bill O'C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.