NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything else that needs to be said? This is undoubtedly the BIGGEST CHOKE that has ever occured in NFL history. And New England (as usual) is the proud owner of another loser title. A long history of losing in hearbreaking fashion continues! With all the odds against them, the Giants go out and totally dominate the fakest 18-1 cheating team in history!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously, you cannot read my friend. NFL HISTORY! They choked...man up and accept it! Besides, was that nearly as big an upset as this one? It HAS to hurt.....ENJOY IT!

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
That's no choke.
The Pats 18-1 season is still something special. They played hard against a team that came into it's own late in the season. If you remember the Giants and Pats played a close game at the end of the regular season. The Giants didn't back into this win and the Pats didn't blow it.
That's no choke.

This post edited by crabman1130 12:47 AM 02/04/2008

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
squaleblinks wrote:
Obviously, you cannot read my friend. NFL HISTORY! They choked...man up and accept it! Besides, was that nearly as big an upset as this one? It HAS to hurt.....ENJOY IT!

OK, I can't read......
Guess I was thinking biggest choke in SPORTS HISTORY. lol

So...

Patriots 18-1

And what was the Giants record again?

And again, (since I can't read you know)....How are the Knicks doing?

This post edited by shebeen 12:53 AM 02/04/2008

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
shebeen wrote:
squaleblinks wrote:

OK, I can't read......

Patriots 18-1

And what was the Giants record again?

4-0 in post season. I think that record counts a little more right now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shebeen, that is even a stupid question for you! Do we really have to go into that? Need I remind you that the Giants won and the Pats lost? What difference does it make what their record was at this point? I'm sure all the Patriot players are saying the same thing on the plane ride home to loserville! I'm finished embarassing you tonight. Go to bed and sleep off the stupidity!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
squaleblinks wrote:
Go to bed and sleep off the stupidity!

You're right, I think I will.
No sense arguing with 'Bandwagon Babies'.

Guys like you I like to meet in a bar....ask them a few sports questions about their "beloved" team....and then when they start gagging on their pablum and can't answer....

Well, I'm sure you've been through the routine before.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I agree that this loss was THE biggest upset in NFL history. A very unlikely outcome for the Patriots. Being 18-0 everyone (even us Giant fans) had to think they would pull it off against a team that struggled all year with injuries and an inconsistent quarterback. But what the Giants did the last 4 games of the season might be the greatest accomplishment for an NFL team...ever! You have to hand it to them because for tonight, they were the best team on the field and there is no question about that!

Congrats to the Pats for a helluva season. 18-1 is nothing to sneeze at. But it does make it so much more painful for Pat fans to swallow a loss like this one.

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
shebeen wrote:

No sense arguing with 'Bandwagon Babies'.

Very good term.
At least the guys that posted before the game showded some guts.
They didn't just show up and boast.
Go back to lurking, that's where your talent is.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Hey,
I gotta give the Giants credit they came to play and they did. Certainly no rout, whent he game is one in the last minute. But give them credit they played he pats tough and came away with the win. Congrats to the Giants.

·
Registered
981 Posts
There were Boston teams that may have choked in the past, but this wasn't one of them...the Giants flat-out beat them...saying the Pats choked demeans what the Giants managed to accomplish

...congratulations to them...they deserved the win.

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Is this the biggest upset in Super bowl history?
I looked at the history going back to the 1st SB and I think it maybe. Upset yes
Choke..:confused: not sure about that one.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think your title for this thread is wrong. The Pats didn't choke, the left side of the Giants defensive line was simply outstanding and could not be stopped. They, not Manning, should have gotten the MVP.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.