NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any message for Chapy?
Gerónimo and I will take the Jrs. to fish Saturday and Sunday. Good chance for the kids to get a largemouth bass over 10 lbs.
What gear did you use there? I gave away most of my freshwater gear. I have reels, but not rods for old bucketmouths. Do they have some rods there that I could use with my reels?
Sergio

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
That?s great Sergio!

I am sure the kids will catch a few impressive monster largemouths! I also spoke to Chappy two weeks ago? but please let him know that the El Salto?s article is almost done!

As for gears, I would not worry - because I am sure Chappy will have extras to lend you! I used my custom Al Goldberg?s 7? and 6 ½? medium sticks with the VS 100 and 150. I also used my Shimano baitcasters filled with 15 and 30lbs. braid!

Don?t forget your camera and send my regards to the kids & Mr. Gerónimo !
Buenas Suertes!

?Crazy? Alberto

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will tell Chappy Al. I will take only my reels and will use their rods. Thanks for the tip.
I am not intereste in numbers, but in getting +10 lb bass.
I have fished El Salto many times and have caught +10 lb bass there but I have to confess that I did not went after them with the same intensive and hyperfocus approach as I do salt water fish. This time my kid will have most of the attention, but I will try to get an outstanding trophy fish.
What lures do you recommend if these larger fish are my target.
Sergio

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Amigo Sergio,
I tell ya, I am very happy that you are taking the kids fishing! Especially to El Salto lake for those monster bucketmouths!

OK, If you are looking to nail that 10+ lbs. bruiser? I strongly recommend that you start thinking BIG presentation. Since those big fish are eating tilapias, and other resident fishes? I strongly recommend the large (weedless) Sluggos, Plastic tubes, Crawdads and Lizards. I also nailed many large bass with the Yozuri (Olive Tobimaru), Yamamoto?s (black) worms, Double blade spinners (white w/ glitter) and the topwater Zara Spooks.

You should also ask the local guides for their favorites methods. They are very forthcoming and will help you (and kids) connect with your trophy bass!

I tell ya, just talking about it is making my arms twitch! :) Please keep me posted!

?Crazy? Alberto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.