NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Where and when?

Submitted some idea's but I guess it didn't post where you going and when and I'll try and help. Love the Dacks Fulton chain area is to pretty for words and good fishing

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
fishthejetty wrote:
I am going to the adirondacks on a conoeing trip and wonder what fish are upthere, what i need, tackle ect not sa freshwater fisherman
CANOEING the Adirondacks in Dec/Jan!!!!!!!!

Dude bring an auger and shanty instead.

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
Don't forget the tip-ups and jigging rods as well.

conoeing in Jan
i don't think so
. Please be a little more specific as to when you are planning on making this trip, and we would be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
fishthejetty wrote:
I am going to the adirondacks on a conoeing trip and wonder what fish are upthere, what i need, tackle ect not sa freshwater fisherman
If your going this time of the year ice fishing gear would be in order

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO no im sory planning to go in AUgest in blue mountain lake and lakes/rivers in that area, ITs an high adventure 1 week trip and instead of those freeze dried food id like to have some fresh fish every day!!!! Thank you

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Now we have a starting point

If you are talking ~ Blue Mountain Lake ~Indian lake in Sabael? Cause there are like half a dozen lakes named Blue mountain lake in the Adirondacks. Blue Mountain Lake ~ Sabael is one of the Larger lakes and right down the hill from the Adirondack Museum ...a nice vist.....not to miss! There's also a Blue Mountain Lake down the road a ways next to a RR track Shallow weedy and full of Bass. Did that standing roadside. Also another Blue Mountain Lake just before the Fulton Chain which has a State campground and is relatively shallow Canoe only and Very Bass Worthy

Blue Mountain lake in Sabael is no lake George but has a fair amount of activity. You can rent a boat get a guide take a ride on a float plane see the Museum get a good meal Yada... yada!

I believe a Boat/canoe rental right at the public beach .......Didn't really get to fish this lake properly since the wind was blowing hard and couldn't get the canoes around the Lake.....It's a big lake too. Did catch some big Mouth Bass right off the beach with worms without difficulty.

Indian lake the sister lake were I rented a house on the other hand Took my own Tin Boat with a 25hp and ran the Lake. Very deep....maybe the deepest lake in the dacks.
Pulled a drailed dodger with Bait and downrigger lures with flashers for the Salmon which hold deep in the center of the lake. Should have hired a Guide boat.....They have more canon downriggers, planer boards and outriggers than a Tuna Boat of a 17ft Tin boat than you would believe. Summer months Salmon go deep to the cold water. Indian lake is situated between two mountain ranges and the lake occupies the depth between. Very scenic both lakes you will think you are out West somewhere hard to imagine your in NY state.

I recommend hiring a guide for at least a day....to get idea how to fish these lakes for Salmon. I went Camping in September cold with Snow and Ice to Fulton chain for Early Season Muzzleloading and had no problems bringing fish to camp from the streams and river outflows. I got ****y for Indian lake in Mid Summer when the Salmon hold to deep water and I got shut down. Small Mouth and Big Mouth where easy in shallow coves and sand beaches ....Look for Plant life like Lillie pads as a clue.

Invest in a Book for fishing the Adirondacks and Surf the Web for insights is your best bet for information you have plenty of time to do your homework. I'm sure you'll love it best part of NY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.