NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an accurate 665w in August,just in time for the canyon season. I love the reel,but was a little disappointed that there is not any way to set the drag adjustment knob and lock it in place.
I had hooked a 60lb albie when i tried to put the heat to him the drag wasn't there,so i had to thumb the reel, back down the drag and reset the tension screw,then push the drag lever back up.
I know i should check my settings but sometimes after a long day things get bumped and inadvertently moved.
anyone know of an update to help?
thanks
slice o life

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
I think you did not preset the drag properly. While fighting fish, you can increase or decrease drag by moving drag lever.
It seems you didn't have enough drag at strike.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
When I owned an 870M, the drag preset liked to back off a tiny bit every time I moved the drag lever to free spool. I guess Accurate hadn't fixed this bug with the newer Boss reels. You'd think for six bills they'd put a clicker spring in the preset knob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks kil, i understand the function of the lever on the lever drag, and yes i did have it set when i started my day of fishing,but as fishwisher has also noticed the preset seems to slip as you use the reel
fishwisher, i agree the reel should have a spring preset. I hope they come up with an after market fix
slice o life

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
If preset slip, something must be wrong with the reel. if the problem continues, you should send the reel to the Accurate.
My problem with the reel is the drag increases mysteriously after fighting a tuna. I am going to send my reel to Accurate if the problem continues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.