NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,365 Posts
24lbs of drag? Is that what Abu is saying? I find that hard to believe, frankly. Using the type of rods that the Revo is designed to work with, how in the name of shattered graphite can one bring that kind of pressure to bear - were it true?

I've not yet had the pleasure of taking a Revo apart - but I'll say this - after owning and servicing a Shimano Curado 300 - and looking at the size of the drag washers in that reel, I just cannot grasp how Abu can get more drag from their reel than Shimnao can pull with their Curado 300.

I suspect the dreaded term "Specsmanship" may be in play here.

Having said that, from all that I've seen and read, the Revo appears to be a solidly constructed reel - probably ahead of the Daiwa Coastal in that regard. But its got a ways to go to beat out the larger (but still use-analogous) Curado 300.

best, Lep

·
Registered
455 Posts
ABU Revo

Funny, we saw this thread.... We just special ordered a couple of these reels for a few customers. After we got a few in, and we got a good look at them... we ordered them to stock in the store! These are really nice reels!! We agree with Lep though... pretty hard to beat those Curado's!!!!!

Those reels should be in stock by the end of the week if anyone wants to stop by and get a look at one.

Causeway

·
Banned
7,173 Posts
i am dieing to see one. its a high speed reel but will work wonders on dem weakies if the specs hold true.

from abu site wrote:
At a mere 6.3 ounces, the Revo? Premier is the lightest one piece aluminum reel on the market.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got one last week - looks like a 7-8lb drag max. Alantani did a recent writeup where he swapped a washer around to get 15lbs, but what in the world would you need so much drag from a 9oz reel for? I'll fish it with 5-6lbs and have a blast catching my two fluke per day...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Looks like a good reel planning on purchasing one,will take a ride to the tackle store tommorow.Not sure what you would do with all that drag using light tackle.There is no possible way this reel is producing 24lbs. of drag with out it exploding!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
revo inshore reel

JUST LOOKED AT THE MANUFACTURES SPECS ON THE INSHORE REVO, IT STATES IT HAS 24LB OF DRAG. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CATCHING SAILFISH IN FLORIDA AND MOST SAY ITS A BETTER REEL THAN THE CURRADO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.