NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
hi al this is cat but my question is not about the abu, it's about penn squiders- can the squider be modified,gers ratio from 3to1, i want it to be as of 5 to1 or 4to1. i love my squiders but want higher ratios, thanks for your advice. i am counting on you to know, where,why not, how much money!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
cat14361 wrote,
? It's about penn squiders- can the squider be modified,gers ratio from 3to1, i want it to be as of 5 to1 or 4to1. i love my squiders but want higher ratios, thanks for your advice. i am counting on you to know, where,why not, how much money!

Hello Cat,
I am not a reel repair expert but I do know enough what you are asking is doable! The squider reels was a very popular at that time and the slow gear ratio (3 to 1) was meant for deep wreck/bottom fishing which has enough torch to cull a big brute from the deep. This reel is a workhorse and it still very popular today!

As to where, why and how much? Just about any reputable reel repair shop will be able to assist you (interchangeable ?higher? gear modifications) and you should be good to go. ?But I am not sure if you want to do that because (3 /1 ratio) it has it?s place and applications!

As far as how much money is going to cost? It difficult to guess because it depends on the current conditions (wear & tear, rust, stressed parts etc?). Hope this helps.

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
588 Posts
ha al we always know your very helpful so hope don't count. what i would say is thanks because your advice is greatly appreicated not just for me but to everyone else...cat---i won't do that, it's to much money so i will stick with the penn535gs which works well for casting anywhere!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.