NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THERE ANY WAY that i can make an ambassadeur 700 baitcasting reel from right --- to --- left hand retrieve.
i bought a reel a while back in connecticut, and i looked at a left and a right retrieve. anyway by the time i used it , was months later. no reciept etc... anyway the salesman put the right retrieve in my box. anyway again , i have a hard time using it. is there a conversion that is possible to do?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ran into the same issue a couple of years ago and the quick answer is it can be done, but you will require so many replacement parts to convert over to the left-side that the cost would not be worth it.

Todd

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had a look at that today. Not so sure what the hard part is. The antireverse dog can just be flipped over and installed backwards. It looks like you'd need a new clutch / trigger piece, but that's just a piece of stamped sheet metal. It may very well vary from one model or model year to the next though. Look inside it yourself; how hard could it possibly be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.