NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reel has some years on it but is in very good shape (kind of like me, maybe that's why I like it). I bought this used for $65, went through it and cleaned /relubed and it is nice and smooth. I couldn't find a clear schematic for this reel on the 'net so I cantacted Abu through their website and a few days later they sent me a pdf that was clear as could be, with the parts listed on the bottom as well. I compared the pdf to the reel, and all the parts are there, in the right places. Abu also said they have the replacement drag washers for it, which surprised me as the reel was made in 1975 - purefishing must be doing something right! Some pics show the reel and drag washers (the extra 4 washers on top are carbontex but the thickness was not quite right and the reel drag is smoother with the stock washers believe it or not. This is the Striper Drag model and I hope to have it live up to it's name this fall.

This post edited by rockhopr 01:05 AM 09/21/2013

Attachments

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
abu parts invoice

Here is the invoice from Abu for the drag washers I replaced. The Abu washers are not carbontex but they are very smooth all the same. No jerkiness or start up jerks, and smooth even when locked down pretty tight. I installed them dry, no Cal's drag gease. Prices are very reasonable, and received them 5 days after ordering.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a old a sin thread. I had a question about the cast control on this reel. If tightened all the way will it affect cranking the reel? If not what part am I missing? Not that I need to crank down the cast control but wondering if there is a part missing from the reel internally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts