NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey al, hows everything? good i hope. well i have a little dilema here. i am deciding to get decent rod and reel for some overnight chunkin(tuna). i am looking at the penn 15 kg reel. any suggestions guys would be greatly appreciated. thanx and see yuh on the eagle ;)

· Registered
9,561 Posts
Ronnie - I asked this same question to the cool guy in Capitol (the only one who helps me) He said the Shimano TLD30II is a better choice because it had withstood the test of time. The 15KG came out I think 1-2 years ago, and while it is a nice reel - you can't go wrong with the TLD30-II. You know I have no clue, I'm just passing on info. I think that Austrailian website I told you about has both the 15KG & TLD30II for a great price. I think I know why your asking about this specific reel though, and if a Newell 229 is available as well - I'm D.

Rod - ??? I'd like to know myself. I think some of those CAlstar and Seeker compositeswill give you a real beating, as they are very stiff (the Calstar moreso than Seekers). You might go for an all E-Glass stick a little bigger than neccesary so you aren't dragged around the boat trying to reel one of these things in.

· Registered
10,661 Posts
triniron

Hi,

If you go to the Federation Show this weekend at the Freeport Rec Center stop by our custom rod booth.

I will have a completed Seeker 50# stand up (composite blank) and a Calstar 50# stand up that is waiting to have the guides wrapped on with me.

Stop by, say hello and pull on the rods.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey billy, how you been? i gonna give you a ring soon about doing a offshore trip. could you please e-mail me the web site of that aussie tackle shop? thanx. bob and carlo cleaned up on the last offshore trip on the capt. lou, so i'll call you about possibly doing one. i would have gone but i had to work, oh well... give me a ring when you get a chance,ok?----->ronnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.