NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the world does the FOP,PBA, or whatever police organization allow these shyster fundraising outfits to solicit money via telephone on their behalf? The missus put us on the "do not call" registry yet we receive at least 2 calls a day from these hustlers. Is the small % of money the FOP receives worth the bad taste it leaves in peoples mouths? The calls are harassing and rude. Is this an independent con w/out any police affiliation?

This post edited by steezo 10:29 AM 01/17/2008

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
We gave once. What a mistake!!! Now they call every day.We have asked them to stop politely, then not so politely, then threatened to report them for harrasment. They still call.

Anyone know where to call to report these harrasing phone calls. Either that or I should just let my little guy talk to them about his webkinz for about 1/2 hour.

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
PURSUITWA wrote:
We gave once. What a mistake!!! Now they call every day.We have asked them to stop politely, then not so politely, then threatened to report them for harrasment. They still call.

Ditto i gave yrs ago and they still dont leave me alone and they call at all of hrs of the night n day

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Agreed

There is no incentive to give if you are going to constantly get harrassed! Basically we give if we have some extra cash around and we don't if we can't. Don't keep pounding away especially when our oil bill is over $600/month! It's like going to see "that relative" and the whole time you are there for a visit they piss and moan that you don't visit enough. Where's the incentive to go back the next time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.