NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm speechless, without speech .....I can't wait to hear what Savage has to say about this-for now I'll let you guys take over....

Berkeley to Marine Corps: You're Not Welcome
Thursday, January 31, 2008

BERKELEY, Calif. ? Local officials in this liberal city say it's time for the U.S. Marines to move out.

The City Council has voted to tell the Marines their downtown recruiting station is not welcome and "if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome guests."

The measure passed this week by a vote of 8-1.

The council also voted to explore enforcing a city anti-discrimination law, focusing on the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

In a separate item, the council voted, also 8-1, to give protest group Code Pink a parking space in front of the recruiting office once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week.

Marine Capt. Richard Lund of the recruiting office declined comment on the council action.

The recruiting office opened in Berkeley about a year ago, operating quietly until about four months ago when Code Pink began regular sidewalk protests.

"I believe in the Code Pink cause. The Marines don't belong here, they shouldn't have come here, and they should leave," said Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates.

Code Pink is circulating petitions to get a measure on the ballot in November making it more difficult to open military recruiting offices in Berkeley if they are near homes, parks, schools, churches, libraries or health clinics.

Some employees and business owners aren't happy with the weekly protests.

"My husband's business is right upstairs, and this (protesting) is bordering on harassment," Dori Schmidt told the council. "I hope this stops."

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Unreal, they really have nothing to do with their time. :rolleyes:
Lets give their citizenship to some hard working illegals.
Two birds one stone.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
There's good reason why they call it "Biserkly..."

Shameful!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
California is full of **** and foreigners

Once something horrible happens over on THAT side they'll finally wake up and get the flowers out of their a$$e$.

Why bother spelling out a$$e$ in code when you openly type "****" (obviously in reference to homosexuals)?

Also...im not defending "code pink" or anything but wouldn't you say that your first sentence is just a BIT of a generalization...even bordering on prejudice even? Not arguing here...but really now.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:
California is full of **** and foreigners

Once something horrible happens over on THAT side they'll finally wake up and get the flowers out of their a$$e$.

Why bother spelling out a$$e$ in code when you openly type "****" (obviously in reference to homosexuals)?

Also...im not defending "code pink" or anything but wouldn't you say that your first sentence is just a BIT of a generalization...even bordering on prejudice even? Not arguing here...but really now.

Sorry you're right.. I meant ****, foreigners and freaks. I apologise.
Kick the Marines out too and kiss everyone also.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
So esentially what your saying is the amount of homosexual people in the state of california surpasess the hederosexuals?...."full of ****" would suggest thats what you mean. Correct? Or did you mean to take the non-narrow minded approach stating that California has a high percentage of homosexuals...and perhaps tripped on your tounge? Thats just like me saying that everyone who writes "deep withing the marinas trench" under their avatar has small genitals. Wouldnt you say?

So much hate....homophobic are we?

I know...You must have kissed another boy when you were little so now you have to act like you hate all gays to make yourself feel better right? I knew it, just likeitreallyis

This post edited by BLUEFISH9 11:10 PM 01/31/2008

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
WTF is up with Cali anyway................not too long ago San Fran wouldn't let the Marines film a recruiting commercial either. But, they let the film crews film the scenes as long as there were no Maraines in it. Said they could superimpose them in later............WTF
:mad:

Marines Barred From Filming Commercial on Streets of San Francisco

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
So esentially what your saying is the amount of homosexual people in the state of california surpasess the hederosexuals?...."full of ****" would suggest thats what you mean. Correct? Or did you mean to take the non-narrow minded approach stating that California has a high percentage of homosexuals...and perhaps tripped on your tounge? Thats just like me saying that everyone who writes "deep withing the marinas trench" under their avatar has small genitals. Wouldnt you say?

No more self-concious than you seem to be ;)

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:

I know...You must have kissed another boy when you were little so now you have to act like you hate all gays to make yourself feel better right? I knew it, just likeitreallyis

California has the most freaks, **** and foreigners in the US// yes that's what I'm saying.. they think they are immune from helping our armed services protect us....

really touched a nerve in you didn't I ?

This post edited by MakoMike 10:47 AM 02/01/2008

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Scott1280 wrote:
I think the Marines should vacate the space and turn it into a methedone clinic and soup kitchen! That ought to change the clientel in the neighborhood

They will love it

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
somequeerwrote wrote:

Hmmm from another thread: Seems Arizona is fair game for your generalizations though

BLUEFISH9 wrote:
Hey AZ...How do you do it?

I lived in Tucson AZ VERY breifly and tucked my tail and RAN back to NYC ASAP! Couldnt deal with it. The people are deff. from another planet. Talk about a fish outta water! YIKES

This post edited by likeitreallyis 05:35 PM 02/01/2008

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Its a total disgrace. Fortunately they can't apply local law to the U.S. Government. Ever wonder why the post ofice doesn't follow local zoning laws?
The Post Office is not a govenment run agency. Common misconception.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Scott1280 wrote:
I think the Marines should vacate the space and turn it into a methedone clinic and soup kitchen! That ought to change the clientel in the neighborhood

This is Berkely we're talking about, they already have more than their fair share of those insitutions and they think that they are great!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.