NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just returned home from a fantastic macks trip. We fished 80' water outside Shinne**** Inlet on Shinne**** Star. A truly beautiful morning on the ocean. Man is it hot at home!!!!!

Got to try out the 6' DNY Impact blank that I built for bucktailing fluke.

This is a blank made in Japan that is nolonger sold in the US. It is graphite, very well made, straight, light weight and very sensitive. They sold for about $90.

Using a mack rig and a AVA 87 for weight you knew when the macks were on. It gave me much pleasure. I can't wait for fluke season to start.

I did have a nice bass follow up the macks. If the bass did take a hook this rod would have handled it.

This blank can be extended for a longer length, 6 1/2 or 7'. The possibilities are endless.

The rod is spiral wrapped and is available as a demo. I also have the blanks on site.

It was a very difficult decision not to go back out on the 1PM boat.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
145 Posts
DNY

Hey Cap
loved those blanks picked them up some years ago on a closeout wish I had saved some for myself. you might want to look into graphite USA blanks been using them for many salt water applications, both straight and strong
John

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Used my new 6' impact rod for bucktailing fluke this morning. The blank/rod lived up to all my expectations.

Used a 2 oz silver bullet with green eyes. Attached a split ring to the swivel and a green teaser. About 15"s above the bullet I attached a white teaser/red head on a dropper loop. Both produced numerous fluke.

It is a great blank for bucktailing and very sensitive.

Catch em up!

Capt Neil

·
Super Moderator
2,038 Posts
Hi Capt Neil,

Was so excited about reading your report, I grabbed my impact rod, and went fluking on Sunday. Rigged up just like you, same color teasers. 9 fluke to 5 1/3 lbs.

Thanks for the advice,
Harvey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.