NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

The first question is what does "maximun harvest" mean? How many,what size and length of season?

I think "Solomon" would have trouble coming up with the answer, How to protect the species and satisfy the appetites of harvesters.

Maybe "tags" should be sold to individuals, like for deer season, or pin hookers, for a pre determined number of fish. The money raised would be allocated for the marine fisheries environment.

After that mouthful I had better leave my PC off for several weeks!!!

This is almost Dec. and stripers are still being caught in our area. Good size ones!! This is a wonderful thing. It would be terrible if it was destroyed.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

· Registered
108 Posts
Hi all,

Think about this, How many fishermen actively support (at least join and pay yearly dues) the organizations that are fighting for our share? If accurate info could be had, I bet less than 30% of fishing people join and support these organizations. I bet many of the people who complain the most won't and don't put their money where their mouth is!!!! Talk is cheap!!! Ante up $$$$$ for defense funds!!!!! The commercials are very good at defending their turf and attacking ours. Get involved.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

· Registered
108 Posts
Hi Gamakatsu,

You are right in the goals of different organizations. That I can handle because they are standing up for the recreationals. I like to catch fish, eat fish and hope the resource is protected therefore I can accept most of the goals.

I get tired of listening to all the whiners and complainers. Most of them that I have met do not belong to any organizations. AND are not interested in joining any.

I laugh when the posts talk about the party/charter boat lobby getting what it wants!!! HA!!! I have been in this industry 20 years and have gone to a couple meetings where owners, captains and crews talked about forming an organization. NEVER got off the ground. Most of these people are too individualistic to work together. Also they are always on the water working and don't have time for meetings.

Yes some of these people do go to the various gov't meetings trying to improve conditions for their patrons. Maybe in other states the owners work together.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.