NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
i think we (no exceptions for fare-payers) should be allowed to keep 1 striper per day, regardless of size.

that way we could keep the one that we hurt the most, the one that probably won't survive anyway.

what a waste of the resource to release doomed fish and keep would-be survivors instead!

i DO NOT think the current regs are managing for maximum harvest OR historical size.

set,
opinari

This message was edited by OPINARI on 11-30-01 @ 7:13 PM

· Registered
398 Posts
knotme,

what are some good reasons for local sportfishing hobbyists to hire a charter/party/open boat for stripers?

1) they need or want to learn more about how to catch stripers.

2} they want to learn how to efficiently fish a
new area.

3) they don't have or don't want to have a suitable boat for the area the hired captain fishes.

4) they want to fish with more people than their own boat can safely handle.

5) they want to maximize the probability that they will catch a trophy striper, or at least a keeper.

what is a bad reason for local sportfishing hobbyists to hire a charter/party/open boat for stripers?

1) they want to be able to take two fish.

if a captain can't get fare paying customers for good reasons like the ones mentioned, and can only get fares because they can keep an extra fish, then that captain either needs better advertising or is simply not worth his salt.

set,
opinari

· Registered
398 Posts
george,

thank you for pointing out that the NY recreational anglers asked to be limited to 1 bass per day. i certainly do not have a problem with that either.

what troubles me is that it troubles you "that somehow people think that the same rule should apply to the charter & party boat industry which wanted the second fish".

is the second fish not being taken by NY recreational anglers?

why should the charter/party boat industry be able to select a different rule for their customers?

did the same NY recreational anglers, that asked to be limited to 1 bass per day, also ask to be limited to 2 bass per day when they were on a charter/party boat?

whatever happened to the US constitutional right to equality under the law?

set,
opinari

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.