NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into Frank Williams in the pre-dawn hours of Saturday. He had just landed this beautiful 47" bass that weighed 42-pounds on a hand scale.

BTW - Frank is about 6'3" & 250 pounds.

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fish was caught from the beach at Great Kills Park in Staten Island on a chunk. It was the only fish of the night, with six rods in the water.

The beach was quiet since, so this fish seems like it was a solo act - not part of a large body of fish.

I got a few small fish at dawn near Crooke's Point on a bomber.

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I used to fish SI a lot. Lots of good beach at GK and other spots. Used to be a great place for shore casting for fluke!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Fisherking1979,

You are absolutely right! Under most circumstances... large fish tends to prowl and hunt alone! That is why at times I walk away from blitzes! However, a good way to find bigger fish is to work behind the blitz area! That?s where large fish takes advantage of an easy meal.

"Crazy" Alberto

·
Registered
39 Posts
during the spring run i made a bad judgement call. i have a spot on a bridge in queens that i almost always get a keeper bass all spring run. there one particular place i cast to get these fish. one night i was up on the bridge and i buddy of mine was there i had a keeper and it was late so i packed up and reeled in my poles. he hadn't caught a fish so i told him give me your pole. i put the bait in this "magical" spot and before i picked up my stuff to leave his reel was screaming bloody murder. he hooked up with a 30 pound bass that i helped him net. all i could think of was 5 more minutes and i would have caught the biggest fish of my life. (1 out of 1000 times you stay 5 more minutes it produces nothing) thats life but im still fishing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.