NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

(Time: 4:25am) I just got back from the South Shore grounds and nailed 3 respectable Stripers during the EBB tide! Fish measured 32", 36" and a 38 ¼" cow. All fish were caught on lures and immediately released for another day's fight!

Conditions: No Moon (tomorrow New Moon Phase), East wind at 8 knots, water visibility was good, temperature approx. 48 degrees and a few signs of bait (herring?)

Anyway… just wanted to inform you that there are bass on the South Shores!

Good night! :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Thanks Al,

I've been hitting FI before work, regardless of tide, with no luck. Looks like it is time to really start putting in the time.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks,
Sorry for the late response, but I only had one hour of sleep and immediately drove to the West end (Manhasset) to fish for a few more hours. :) This morning, Rich (R&G), his buddy Andy and I ran the boat in search of large fish… We snagged a few bunker and live lined it for a few hours. Results, 1 fish (Rich nailed it) and it was a respectable 29 pounder! That was the only pick up we had…. But I had to cut my trip short because I have to run to the city (family gathering) and afterwards I am going to Montauk!

Anyway… to answer a few questions…

doughboy Wrote:
I've been hitting FI before work, regardless of tide, with no luck. Looks like it is time to really start putting in the time.

Doughboy, I strongly recommend that you fish at night!!! Those fish made a brief appearance and I took advantage of it! The key is that the fish are in!!!!

Fishweewee wrote:
Herring, huh? Make mental note to bring blue plugs. Hey Alberto, who's baby was that crying in the background when I called you last night? Was that why you've been so busy lately?

Fishweewee,
Yep, there were some herring around and the color blue is a good start! Also, don't forget that these fish were on frenzy and I honestly believe that the silhouette is more important than color (because I was fishing at night)!
As for that baby noise in the background… It was my wife's birthday and I spent some time in the city. Afterwards I went fishing. ;)

Kevin W wrote:
Lures? Color Type?
I deliberately left the details out because my original message is to tell everyone that there are bass in the South Shores! But if you really need to know… I use 5" and 7" swimmers, bucktails, daters and paddletail shads. Since there were some herring around… Guess what they took? ;)

Rockin wrote:
Which south shore grounds were you fishing? Were you some where near Montauk?
Let me put it this way… There are bass rumors in Montauk (I am leaving tonight for some freshwater fishing and I am also going to confirm if the bass reports are legit.). In the past few weeks I've been scout the Shinne**** - South Shore (West End) and received several confirmations! I also know that three weeks ago… Jamaica bay had a few quality bass! If you do a process of elimination…. You will have a very good idea which shore I caught those bass! ;)

Anyway folks, Keep the questions coming…Go out and have some fun! I am out of here and going to Montauk tonight! Have a great weekend and tight lines!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.