NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
I had one experiance with Tarpon in Fort Myers last May with a guide. Yeah, they're big, jump hihgh - I know, I know - how hard could it be I thought? Bow to the cow, - no Problem!!!

Live Threadfin Shad swimming around, do-to-do WHAT THE [email protected]#!!!!!!! zzzzz...zzzzz...zzzzzz. Guide yells to bow, I'm in shock Holy, Zooooom this huge fish hurls 8 feet out of the water, then I bow -- Set the hook, set the hook. I yank back..zzz.zzz.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..zz.zz Bow, Bow Bow, Huh??? Zooom Holy [email protected]#$. Set the hook again. Geez.

I got it to the side of the boat after about 20 mionutes - lucky as ****. I bowed 2 times, both tims after the fish had already landed. He swam right along side the boat, the guide wen tot grab th eleader, and the fish turned his head, shook once, and the hook popped out. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Too much fun!!! When I came to my senses, I realized the fish dragged the boat about 500 yards against the current. Whoa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.