NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 Little Pictures

I was in the process of setting out the assorted Holiday decorations around the wader homestead the other day. Everything looked so festive & gay. It?s a happy time.

We were done. Mrs. wader & my daughter were in bed (snuggled comes to mind). I was going around closing up the house for the night. You know. Making sure all the doors were closed & locked (Homeland Security I call it), turning out the lights, letting the dog out & turning off the recently lit Holiday decorations.

I came to one set of decorations or a little display if you will and there they were?

10 Little Pictures

My daughter on Santa?s lap for her first 10 Christmas Seasons. I paused in my de-liting mode & looked at these 10 little pictures. Where did the time go? It doesn?t seem so long ago. Infant to 10 year old. Now a mid-teen showing interest in boys of all things (heaven help me).

She stopped sitting on Santa?s lap around the age of 10. I think she would have stopped at 9, but we insisted. I guess we needed to round out the pictures. Order loves an even number.

She stopped believing in Mr. Claus around 11 or 12. I suspect she doubted his existence earlier. But it was such fun believing. Wasn?t it?

She kept this from me until last year. My wife knew earlier on but my daughter asked her to not let me know that she had suspended her belief. My daughter did not want me to know. I guess she had as much fun as I did carrying on with the charade. The traditions.

10 Little Pictures

Where did the time go??

10 Little Pictures

Why am I writing this?
I?m sure most of you who are parents already know this.
A form of catharsis?
Perhaps.

10 Little Pictures

The holidays, especially this time of year, are for the children.
It is a time for memories to be made.

Experiences to be gained.
It is a time for caring.
And cherishing all that we have. Especially the children.

10 Little Pictures

Why am I writing this??

I guess to thank my daughter for allowing me to share the excitement of the season with her over those 10 years & to drive home the point that it?s the children. It?s most important of all that we do this for them.

They are the future.
They bring us joy.
They bring us love.
They allow us to live beyond our time here.
They are an extension of what we are or try to be.

10 Little Pictures

Love them.
Appreciate them.
Help them.
Guide them.

For too soon they grow up.

Happy Holidays.
Mazel Tov.
Merry Christmas
Peace....

wader
© 2003

This post edited by wader 11:30 AM 12/24/2009

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
WOW WADER !!!!that's the Second thing you posted this month that is worth everyone reading. !! That's great, very thoughtfull. OK so now you have me hooked, I won't be able to just Bypass your posts anymore !!;);). Your getting OLDER !!!
;);):)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Don

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Dammit wader,
Now that my kids are all out of the house, it's gonna be a tough one tomorrow morning. Even though my daughter is home from school, ym 3rd son moved out last month and Bryan will celebrate Christmas in Afghanistan.:(:(:(
While we were putting the decorations on the tree last night, as soon as we got to the picture ornaments my wife made.......I immediately thought of Ten Little Pictures from your past years posts.

And of course once again it turned me into a blubbering idiot............and I mean that in a good way..........

Thank You

1)gverbjr
2)Billy
3)Greg
4)Bryan
5)Jessi

Attachments

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Gaucho wrote:
LMFAO...Gary is that you with all that hair....oh man you better take that picture down

ROTFFLMFAO.............and it was longer than that at one time.........almost down to myt belt but I didn't want to be a long haired hippie type so I cut it down to this,......LOL

Hey, it was the early 70's

Attachments

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Nice pics. of the kids guys !!

gary, I think i reconize you from Woodstock !!!

Don

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
gverb1219 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
LMFAO...Gary is that you with all that hair....oh man you better take that picture down

man oh man oh man.....right click.....Save Picture As.....<<Piker Hippie>>....Documents....Pikers......Images. Might even go in the (future) Photoshop Edits/Animations folder....LOLOLOL!!!!! Thanks Prez!

checking in later....hope everyone's having a nice Christmas Eve!

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
dawnpatrol136 wrote:
.............man oh man oh man.....right click.....Save Picture As.....<<Piker Hippie>>....Documents....Pikers......Images. Might even go in the (future) Photoshop Edits/Animations folder....LOLOLOL!!!!! Thanks Prez!

Haa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaa.............LMAO

NOw I'll have to look through my old photos.......LOL
;)

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
becase once again - it's that time

Merry Christmas to all.............

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Merry Christmas to you and your family Wader, happy to read and see the 10 little pictures once again.

·
Registered
16,169 Posts
gverb1219 wrote:
and it was longer than that at one time.........almost down to myt belt but I didn't want to be a long haired hippie type so I cut it down to this,......LOL

RIGHT CLICK SAVE

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
wader wrote:
because it's that time of year again............

I look forward to this every year wader.....
.....probably the BEST thing you've ever posted.......

........omce again you've brought tears to my eyes........THANK YOU....

This post edited by gverb1219 09:45 AM 12/23/2010

·
Registered
16,169 Posts
Larry that was a Great Post as my son is now 10 and he is starting to not Believe in Santa Anymore but Mia 6 is in full Santa Mode. Time does fly. Here's 2008 Picture with Santa.

This post edited by stpaul7 11:07 AM 12/23/2010

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.