Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

Date posted June 21, 2015 1:00 PM
Posted by cOwMurKiN
Report location New York > Western South Shore
Fishing method Surf
« Previous Report Next Report »

Trying to understand why with all the bait in the water, and what looks like a good year class, there isn't a post every day of decent fish from the surf. Snag and drop is producing every day.



Low slack, high slack, outgoing, incoming, whatever... They are all over the place. Just find the bait!



We should not see schoolies being posted out of the WSS. Can't get away from the 15 - 20s. The only challenge right now should be the 30s n better.



Go get em!




Tons of these in the back bays of WSS

Buy your Noreast Media Text Ad Now!


  Comments and Questions  
Author Message
fishing19

Joined: 12/25/2012
Posts: 256
 06/22/2015 12:05 AM  

Nice fish .... I don't know about tons of them but nice fish. Post more keepers since you are crushing bass. Toungue
 
RealTauk


Joined: 08/05/2014
Posts: 330
Location: Where the bass are
 06/22/2015 07:02 AM  

fishing19 wrote:

Nice fish .... I don't know about tons of them but nice fish. Post more keepers since you are crushing bass. Toungue


Not everyone thinks the way you do.

Just because people aren't posting, doesn't mean they are not catching, and maybe will only do so if they feel like.

I can attest that Murkin has caught over 50 keepers for the season.





Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite - Charles Spurgeon

This post edited by RealTauk 07:12 AM 06/22/2015
 
ExTechjunkie


Joined: 11/01/2012
Posts: 308
Location: Landlocked on LI
 06/22/2015 07:39 AM  

Clearly, you've done a better job finding them than most. All the people I've encountered in my usual CSS haunts, which admittedly don't extend into the back bays of the WSS, have had the same complaint... All blues and the occasional schoolie, but no keepers.

Thanks for the good tip about location though. I'd had my mind made up that with the high water temps and presence of eel grass and slip gut in the GSB that all the action would now be out front of at the mouth of the inlets. I also assumed that the parts of the WSS back that I'm familiar with would be barren because of the ongoing trouble with a certain sewage treatment plant. Clearly, I was wrong on both counts. Looks like I'll have to extend my range and learn some other spots. Promise I'll post any success.


>< ) ) ) )*> ~ •The tug is my drug• >< ) ) ) )*> ~
 
Shakaantoine


Joined: 04/03/2013
Posts: 583
Location: Brooklyn NY
 06/23/2015 01:59 PM  

Very nice fish as always

Your the man! I'm shocked to see you post but happy at the same time. I haven't diploid the snag and drop technique as of yet. I need to be in the mood.
I'm noticing the majority of bass caught in our waters are baited fish any idea why they don't hit lures 90% of the time? For that reason I've been fishing the CSS to MTK...but I'm still only catching blues smh


If you ask me why do I go fishing the answer will always be I'm a Antoine, Antoines go fishing!
 
cOwMurKiN

Joined: 04/30/2015
Posts: 30
 06/26/2015 02:54 PM  

Shakaantoine wrote:

Your the man! I'm shocked to see you post but happy at the same time. I haven't diploid the snag and drop technique as of yet. I need to be in the mood.
I'm noticing the majority of bass caught in our waters are baited fish any idea why they don't hit lures 90% of the time? For that reason I've been fishing the CSS to MTK...but I'm still only catching blues smh



In the WSSBB, lures on bass, when the bunker is this thick is tough. Personally, in the back, I look for the bait and give them what they want.

Surf side is a different story, but they have to be there before I start blowing out my shoulder for nothing. Will be taking off the treble hook, swinging to that side, and switching things up soon.

 
Shakaantoine


Joined: 04/03/2013
Posts: 583
Location: Brooklyn NY
 06/26/2015 10:17 PM  

cOwMurKiN wrote:

Shakaantoine wrote:

Your the man! I'm shocked to see you post but happy at the same time. I haven't diploid the snag and drop technique as of yet. I need to be in the mood.
I'm noticing the majority of bass caught in our waters are baited fish any idea why they don't hit lures 90% of the time? For that reason I've been fishing the CSS to MTK...but I'm still only catching blues smh



In the WSSBB, lures on bass, when the bunker is this thick is tough. Personally, in the back, I look for the bait and give them what they want.

Surf side is a different story, but they have to be there before I start blowing out my shoulder for nothing. Will be taking off the treble hook, swinging to that side, and switching things up soon.


I guess that's the answer to why like last season and now this season I'm on a bit of a "bass drout"...Blues have taken there place. I have gone to the back often though with bait only a handful of times because I need to be in the mood for that. Hats off to you for doing what it takes to catch them. Your right about them coming out though a buddy showed me proof, and like last season July was much better to me for catching Bass. Hopefully the bigger ones come my way this season. Be safe out there.



If you ask me why do I go fishing the answer will always be I'm a Antoine, Antoines go fishing!
 
  Comments and Questions  


« Back to the New York posted reports



Contact Us
Get Help Using the Site


2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.