Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

Date posted October 20, 2008 9:29 PM
Posted by tonyzfishin
Report location New York > Fire Island > Inlet
Fishing method Boat
« Previous Report Next Report »

Headed out to fish the outgoing water after work ,had some eels left over from the night before, decided not to stop and get some shad by the bridge,(big mistake),started off by demo and 6 can ,had my eels molested by some big blues,decided to head across to gilgo and overlook and started to make some drifts,noticed some respectable size bass being caught on shad.....damn, they didnt want my eels i guess they weren't on the menu!!!, moved over to demo and P.R rocks and not a bite, figure i head over to bridge before i head in and ended up catching 3 bass up to 12 pounds on shad tails,no camera on boat left it in the charger, decided to bring one home to have for lunch tommorrow with the boys from work.





Buy your Noreast Media Text Ad Now!


  Comments and Questions  
Author Message
StriperStalker

Joined: 11/27/2002
Posts: 231
 10/20/2008 10:43 PM  

Nice ;)

Being the accountant that i am ..i was wondering if you could put a number even if its an estimate to the size of these respectable bass that u saw come up Smile ..thanks man !


This post edited by StriperStalker 10:45 PM 10/20/2008
 
TheBayDrifter


Joined: 01/08/2007
Posts: 681
Location: W. Islip
 10/21/2008 07:55 AM  

Nice catch Not sure when you went out but this time of year theres usually shad at the thumbup (sunset)up


Its like a lake
 
wubman


Joined: 08/22/2001
Posts: 278
Location: copiague
 10/21/2008 08:42 AM  

nice job

way to salvage the trip.
 
dunkerofbunker

Joined: 09/08/2007
Posts: 581
 10/21/2008 09:23 AM  

StriperStalker wrote:

Being the accountant that i am ..i was wondering if you could put a number even if its an estimate to the size of these respectable bass that u saw come up Smile ..thanks man !

it was right in the report

figure i head over to bridge before i head in and ended up catching 3 bass up to 12 pounds on shad tails,
 
fish4me


Joined: 09/01/2005
Posts: 16692
Location: Miller Place
 10/21/2008 10:15 AM  

Nice job Tony


 
brianNY


Joined: 07/05/2007
Posts: 1291
Location: Fire Island NY
 10/21/2008 12:22 PM  

nice going bud!!! lots of fish around now!! i jumped on the fishfinder me and my cuz yesterday afternoon just to do something different..lots of fish!!!!!!!!! good luck bro and let me no when your getting out this week i no were prob going out tom


www.reelobsessionfishing.com
 
StriperStalker

Joined: 11/27/2002
Posts: 231
 10/21/2008 01:54 PM  

dunkerofbunker wrote:

StriperStalker wrote:

Being the accountant that i am ..i was wondering if you could put a number even if its an estimate to the size of these respectable bass that u saw come up Smile ..thanks man !

it was right in the report

figure i head over to bridge before i head in and ended up catching 3 bass up to 12 pounds on shad tails,



uhh no it it was'nt Wink

"noticed some respectable size bass being caught on shad....."

 
tonyzfishin


Joined: 02/04/2006
Posts: 29505
Location: Raritan Bay NY
 10/21/2008 04:13 PM  

guestimate from 20 yards would say in the 30-35 pound range......surprise, fish for lunch was awesome baked with plum tomatoes with capers and olives.....Shades


This post edited by tonyzfishin 04:16 PM 10/21/2008
 
Gaucho


Moderator
Posted Reports

Joined: 11/06/2000
Posts: 24723
Location: Rosario, Arg
 10/21/2008 07:11 PM  

tonyzfishin wrote:

guestimate from 20 yards would say in the 30-35 pound range......surprise, fish for lunch was awesome baked with plum tomatoes with capers and olives.....Shades

YUMup


 
offracing


Joined: 09/10/2005
Posts: 3983
 10/21/2008 09:26 PM  

as usual

as usual tony great save, you the man.
carl
offracing
 
ChrisDens


Joined: 08/27/2005
Posts: 853
Location: West Islip
 10/22/2008 05:04 AM  

Nice going Tony.up
Hope this wind dies down for you soon. Been fun in the surf, though.Smile


LIBBA# 593
 
  Comments and Questions  


« Back to the New York posted reports



Contact Us
Get Help Using the Site


2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.