Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

BROKEN BONES

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
canyonfvr

Noreast.com Website Features
The Angler's Lounge
Posted Reports
Welcome Aboard

posted 01/27/2007 04:53 PM  

i broke my leg in 1993 got hit by a taxi on my bike. i have several broken bones in my leg. i have a rod going from my knee to my ankle with pins holding it in place.. lately my leg from ankle to knee has been hurting real bad. dont know if it's the weather or what not. looking to see is anyone has broken broken bones with the pins n rods still in. if so does it hurt at various times?

its a  tiger shark A WHAAT

CANYONFVR OUT

Cornfield

new hampshire

posted 01/27/2007 05:27 PM  

Don't worry Cany. Old injuries just get worse as the years go on. I've hurt myself numerous times and the older you get the more you start feeling them Smile

Looks like she got beat with an uglystick(((SHAKESPEARE)))
That is.

STRIKERTHREE

posted 01/27/2007 05:41 PM  

its just normal my ankle all though no pins yesterday was killing me and on dreary days also hurt like a bytch

Proud to be Union U.W.U.A 1-2

American by Birth Union By Choice!

Skilled Labor isn't cheap and cheap labor isn't skilled !!

Lattitudechange

posted 01/27/2007 06:10 PM  

I have no broken bones but I do have a round lodged in my shin, been there since 91. They elected not to remove it since it effected no muscle or blood vessels. I just got a big dent in my leg. I will feel weird things when it's humid out or alot of rain for several days.

It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

A shot of tequila,...... beer on tap,.......a good lookin woman,.....sittin on my lap

DCBASSIN

posted 01/27/2007 06:41 PM  

No broken bones but did tare every thing in my left ankel racing demolition derbys 15 years ago.Doctor told me 3 days later that I should of broken it,it would of hurt less.15 years later it still bothers me sometimes where I can barely walk.

Donald

buy american,buy union, union member and proud of it

jpd

posted 01/27/2007 06:45 PM  

Wow Lat

That deserves a "Who's been shot" thread. Wink I broke my ass once (tailbone) lol, hasn't really hurt since. When they X-rayed it they could tell I had broken it before a long time ago, I think it was jumping in a pile of leaves when I was a kid.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

Mentalfloss

posted 01/27/2007 06:47 PM  

Ive been accurately predicting the weather since I was 18(right after the first knee surgery)3 knees surgeries, numerous broken bones and shoulder surgery(now the other shoulder needs it) ReallyReallyReally.Does it ever get any better no Really as a matter of fact now that I am in my mid forties I cant put the pain out of my head as well as I used tooMadFrownMad I take a glucosamin/condortin(sp) supplement that has helped alot with the knees and hit the aleve and advil more than I shouldRollRollRoll

Captain Dale  
Sgt at Arms, Pikers

gverb1219

posted 01/27/2007 07:01 PM  

No pins, but I have broken ribs and my ass (Coccyx) once.
The ribs from bowling a couple years ago and my tailbone from falling a few years back.ToungueRoll

My son (#3) however, has pins in his arm. He was doing stunts on his skateboard on a big ass half pipe, missed the landing and landed on his elbow. Split the bone length wise almost to the shoulder. totally destroyed his elbow and broke the forearm bone in 3 spots.
All the hardware is still in his arm and will stay. A few years ago, he had to go back in to have the screws tightened and wired. They started to back out..RollToungue...LOL and you could see the head shape under his skin...Toungue that was weird.RollToungue You can still feel them.
He also had plates and pins in his hip when he was 9, but they have been removed and everything healed nicely.

He says the only thing that bothers him is the cold sometimes. It feel like his arm is getting cold from the inside...LOLRollToungue

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

Mentalfloss

posted 01/27/2007 07:04 PM  

Guess they forgot the loctite.....LOLToungueToungueToungue

Captain Dale  
Sgt at Arms, Pikers

gverb1219

posted 01/27/2007 07:28 PM  

Mentalfloss wrote:

Guess they forgot the loctite.....LOLToungueToungueToungue

I told my son, why bother going back to the doctor, I'll get my screw gun and tighten it right up...LOLupToungue

psycopanhead

posted 01/27/2007 07:29 PM  

i have pins , screws , and wire in my ankle and foot from playing with big inch harley davidson motorcycles.i not only can tell when it will rain or snow but i can bet the farm on it...the pain can be so bad at times i just have to lay in bed and wait for it to pass...tylenol helps alot....beer intake can also do wonders...but in the winter or real damp weather o use a wrap around athletic brace.it helps hold everything in place and it keeps the ankle insulated from the elements a bit...it doesnt get any better ,,just learn to live with it

chief saloon and tavern inspector, pikers

i survived canyfest 2011  

Hipshot

posted 01/27/2007 07:32 PM  

Still get ACHING LOINS from my CIRCUMCISION after 62 years! Roll

Hipshot

This post edited by Hipshot 07:03 PM 01/30/2007

canyonfvr

Noreast.com Website Features
The Angler's Lounge
Posted Reports
Welcome Aboard

posted 01/27/2007 07:35 PM  

psycopanhead wrote:

i have pins , screws , and wire in my ankle and foot from playing with big inch harley davidson motorcycles.i not only can tell when it will rain or snow but i can bet the farm on it...the pain can be so bad at times i just have to lay in bed and wait for it to pass...tylenol helps alot....beer intake can also do wonders...but in the winter or real damp weather o use a wrap around athletic brace.it helps hold everything in place and it keeps the ankle insulated from the elements a bit...it doesnt get any better ,,just learn to live with it

my leg hurts so bad sometimes i sweat my ass off then i put on a sweat shirt 10 mins later im freezing.when i walk on it i feel like im gonna pass out from the pain...last night on the home from work i had to lift my leg with my left arm to put it on the clutch every time i had to shift.....sucks with a 45 min commute through LI traffic

its a  tiger shark A WHAAT

CANYONFVR OUT

Cornfield

STRIKERTHREE

posted 01/27/2007 07:38 PM  

canyonfvr wrote:

psycopanhead wrote:

my leg hurts so bad sometimes i sweat my ass off then i put on a sweat shirt 10 mins later im freezing.when i walk on it i feel like im gonna pass out from the pain...last night on the home from work i had to lift my leg with my left arm to put it on the clutch every time i had to shift.....sucks with a 45 min commute through LI traffic

maybe you should go back to the DR you shouldnt be in that much pain that sounds like somethings wrong

Proud to be Union U.W.U.A 1-2

American by Birth Union By Choice!

Skilled Labor isn't cheap and cheap labor isn't skilled !!

gverb1219

posted 01/27/2007 07:40 PM  

canyonfvr wrote:

..........................last night on the home from work i had to lift my leg with my left arm to put it on the clutch every time i had to shift.....sucks with a 45 min commute through LI traffic

LOL....cany, I do that at times cause my knees just don't move like they used to.RolldownRoll Sucks huh/ToungueToungueToungue

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.