Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Dead Bass Switch-a Roo

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
Tiderunner

posted 11/05/2013 02:28 PM  

This past weekend two fellow club members of mine witnessed a bogus/googan “surf fisherman” try to pull the old dead bass switch-a-roo. This guy who was into the south shore bite caught a keeper bass and threw it on the sand to take home with him. 45 minutes later this same fisherman catches a much larger fish and instead of releasing it he proceeds to try and revive the fish that was lying on the beach already dead. One of my buddies saw this and approaches him to let him know that he can’t do that and it’s illegal. But this same guy decided to mouth off and tell my buddy he was keeping the much larger fish. After a few more exchange of words this guy decided to throw back the larger fish (out of shame) which by now is just about dead and kept his smaller bass.

I have seen this happen from time to time by guys who try to pull this switch-a-roo. If the guy who pulled this crap is reading this, be a man and do the right thing or don’t fish at all! You’re killing our resources.

Tag & Release
Tiderunner

SSC
MSA 5153
LIBBA 1022
NYSDEC Licensed Surf Fishing Guide #4321

This post edited by Tiderunner 02:30 PM 11/05/2013

kwikstick

posted 11/05/2013 05:35 PM  

that guy must be mindless trying to revive a dead fish down
nice job by you guys setting the fool straight up

in2it17

posted 11/05/2013 06:01 PM  

upupup job well done!! They really do get p*#"@* off when they get caught!! I just smile when they start mouthing off to let them know I don't care to hear their lame excuses and it usually does the trick. They get the picture that those who care about tomorrow do take notice when it cones to protecting our resources. Congrats!

the3fishheads

posted 11/05/2013 08:07 PM  

Also happened Sunday morning. That beach was about empty a week earlier. Funny how quick a fish dragged off a beach can draw a crowd.

Gone fishin

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 11/05/2013 09:42 PM  

Nice work Steve's friends!

President, RAIBS
Recreational Anglers against Internet BS

aeshtron

posted 11/05/2013 10:45 PM  

Thank you for talking to the guy and letting him know that you disapprove of his behavior.

Fdram

posted 11/06/2013 01:44 PM  

Dead fish swicharoo

Great work setting that jerk right Finger He's as low as the guy taking that shortie with out even measuring it. We some times have to police ourselves if we want our resources to still be around.up

Tight lines

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.