Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Blogs  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Wading in the ocean

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing
House105

posted 06/27/2013 06:15 PM  

when I have been using my waders on the south shore I get knocked around a good amount I plant my self but then ur in chest deep water after a few waves any one have a better way or is this normal thank brothes

kwikstick

posted 06/27/2013 06:17 PM  

a better way would be NOT to go in up to your chest, thats insane bro!

DarthBaiter

posted 06/27/2013 07:00 PM  

especially with hip waders on. Toungue

There really is no need to go that deep. and at night's I wouldn't be surprised if some lunkers are right behind you, in the suds.

Support your local Mom n Pop stores.

kevolennon

posted 06/27/2013 07:04 PM  

House105 wrote:

when I have been using my waders on the south shore I get knocked around a good amount I plant my self but then ur in chest deep water after a few waves any one have a better way or is this normal thank brothes

Jeez that's deep. Next thing u know... Ur threading water!

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man

b8runner

posted 06/27/2013 07:14 PM  

Too deep

Def don't need to be out that far in waders. That's trout fishing. If you hook a good one you could lose your footing and be going swimming.

kevolennon

posted 06/27/2013 09:38 PM  

water could pour into ur waders and drag u to the briny deep. Yikes, tht would be awful.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man

FinHunterNY

posted 06/27/2013 11:42 PM  

Yikes chest deep with waders!

Hopefully you have waders that have a nice tight way to tighten the built in belt and always keep it nice and tight. This will help prevent water filling your waders but accidents do happen.

In calm water when you are not fishing you should try to immerse yourself with your waders on. Let plenty of that sea water fill the waders. Now try to move. Now imagine this happening to you at night with the rest of your tackle all around you and your waders filling up with cold water by a series of waves and loosing your footing.

You probably have these items with you at all times but I recommend you make sure they are positively attached to you... a knife and a waterproof flashlight/light sticks. A flashlight/light stick so that you can be located if you start to drift out by the waves and the knife to cut/slit your waders to release the water preasure. I also always carried 30 feet of polypropylene rope (it floats) attached to a large weighted treble hook with the barbs cut. This was carried more to save someone that fell from a jetty (started to drift) and give them a chance to hold onto something. An old timer had taught me this and glad he had since it did come handy once. My buddy still thanks me for that night that I saved him.

If you want to go chest deep in anything use a wet suit please. Even more challenging is a wetsuit and fins! Now that was a blast trying to land big bass or flip flopping blues!

Good luck

wader

posted 06/28/2013 08:21 PM  

just wondering why this is in the Long Island Sound board............

Shades

"....inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened??"

HighHookJones

posted 06/28/2013 08:37 PM  

Wading into the ocean chest deep? Finger

fish4me

posted 06/29/2013 09:44 PM  

wader wrote:

just wondering why this is in the Long Island Sound board............

Shades

BSM

wader

posted 06/30/2013 10:12 AM  

no - just curious...........

If looking for advice on ocean wading why not ask in the Surf Fishing forum..

Shades

"....inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened??"

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing  
Jump to:  

2019 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.