Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Yamaha F115 propeller

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler
tigeroscar

posted 11/23/2013 12:17 PM  

Hi I have a 2003 Yamaha F115 outboard, I am interested in getting a new prop to first increase top speed and increase efficiency if possible. is there a prop for that? I have never done this before so I dont know anything about it, The boat is a 2003 edgewater 185cc, and the prop is the white aluminum one.

Thanks

tigeroscar

posted 11/23/2013 12:19 PM  

P.S. also what effect does the pitch of the blades have on the preformance, etc? Thanks

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 11/23/2013 12:23 PM  

What is the proper max RMP range for your motor (in your motor manual, or ask dealer), and what RPM do you get at the top end, with the motor trimmed up, just before cavitation/porpoising of the bow occurs?

President, RAIBS
Recreational Anglers against Internet BS

tigeroscar

posted 11/23/2013 02:06 PM  

Il find out but in my experience with the motor all the way down when i sink the throttle it hits about 5200 rpms

AllyKat

posted 11/23/2013 03:05 PM  

My cousin has a prop shop...although its in Virginia Beach.

He's seen and done it all when it comes to props.

It's not uncommon for him to "lend" a customer a prop or two so they can try them out and see what suits their needs. Do they want hole shot/ faster to get on plane, do they want top speed, or lower cruising rpms.
They do that more for the bigger sport fishers out there that are either looking for more speed or fuel savings.

Best advice is go to a prop shop here on the Island and bring the specs of your boat. Chances are they have a much better idea of what you need.

Vosky Precision Machining ISO9001/AS9100 Certified
Voskyprecision.com

DarthBaiter

posted 11/23/2013 06:36 PM  

tigeroscar wrote:

Il find out but in my experience with the motor all the way down when i sink the throttle it hits about 5200 rpms

You need to trim the motor up like Hunt n' Fish described and see what your RPM is.

You also need to find out what prop you have by taking a close look and finding out it's model number and it's pitch and size. up

If you've never pulled a prop, it might be a good time to practice as you look for the numbers. Never know when you might have to do it in a emergency.

Support your local Mom n Pop stores.

MACKS

posted 11/23/2013 06:55 PM  

AllyKat wrote:

My cousin has a prop shop...although its in Virginia Beach.

He's seen and done it all when it comes to props.

It's not uncommon for him to "lend" a customer a prop or two so they can try them out and see what suits their needs. Do they want hole shot/ faster to get on plane, do they want top speed, or lower cruising rpms.
They do that more for the bigger sport fishers out there that are either looking for more speed or fuel savings.

Best advice is go to a prop shop here on the Island and bring the specs of your boat. Chances are they have a much better idea of what you need.

I agree,a good prop shop will put you right on the money and at 5200 for that motor you are way low,pretty sure 6000 is max but look into that first. good luck

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler  
Jump to:  

Contact Us
Boat for Sale
Get Help Using the Site

� 2019 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.