Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

1 @32 pledge

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
kwikstick

posted 12/01/2013 12:12 PM  

i saw this on FB on the, surfcaster's journal online magazine...
we have to start somewhere..i'm in up

The [email protected] Pledge

The [email protected] Pledge is an interim step that we are proposing to help reduce fish mortality. While catch and release is always preferred, the pledge is simple...in situations when you do not practice catch and release, you pledge to only take one fish per day at no less than 32". The [email protected] Pledge applies to striped bass caught from the surf or shore, on private boats, and party boats.

We are hopeful that the Pledge can help to rebuild the striped bass biomass, one angler at a time, as we wait patiently for the ASMFC to act. Please consider joining us in taking the Pledge.

We encourage you to share your Pledge with others via conversations, social media or other avenues. This grassroots movement will not only help striped bass, but will also serve as a “wake-up call” to the ASMFC that we are serious stewards of the resource. Take the [email protected] Pledge.

Plumber60

posted 12/01/2013 12:25 PM  

I'm in, and have been for some time now. up

jps1010

posted 12/01/2013 01:43 PM  

I think it is a good idea. It really doesn't apply to me since I am strictly catch and release but do think it is a step in the right direction. I am all for anything that will help ensure we do not repeat the crash of the 80s.

bpowx18

posted 12/01/2013 02:58 PM  

U shud have this post translated to spanish and korean. Also add about taking ur garbage with u off the beaches and jetties and only keeping one fish not 5!

Ss5hb

posted 12/01/2013 03:54 PM  

AMEN BROTHER! (bpowx1Shades

yunvfrank

posted 12/01/2013 04:28 PM  

Oh boy Roll

In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!

curlyrebel

posted 12/01/2013 04:34 PM  

Let's stay on topic!

I'm in [email protected] !

LIBBA 1733
MSA 1733

yunvfrank

posted 12/01/2013 04:41 PM  

[email protected] recreational I agree. ....I think charter/party vessels should be allowed [email protected]

In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!

SurfaceStrike

posted 12/01/2013 04:49 PM  

[email protected] Code of Conduct

[email protected] Code of Conduct
All applicants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct as follows:
1. The units’ adult leaders (Scoutmaster and assistants) are responsible for the supervision of their membership in respect to maintaining discipline, security, and the jamboree Code of Conduct.
2. The Scout Oath and Law will be my guide throughout the jamboree.
3. I will set a good example by keeping myself neatly dressed and presentable. (I will wear the official Scout uniform and jamboree identifying items when requested.)
4. I will attend all scheduled programs and participate, as required, in cooperation with other unit members and leaders.
5. In consideration of other unit applicants, I agree to follow the bedtime and sleep schedule of the unit, unless otherwise directed by the jamboree program.
6. I will be responsible for keeping my tent and personal gear labeled, clean, and neat. I will adhere to all jamboree recycling policies and regulations. I will do my share to prevent littering of the jamboree grounds.
7. I understand that the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is prohibited. This shall apply to all applicants.
8. Serious and/or repetitive behavior violations by youth, including use of tobacco, cheating, stealing, dishonesty, swearing, fighting, and cursing may result in expulsion from the jamboree or serious disciplinary action and loss of privileges. (The BSA jamboree headquarters must be contacted for the expulsion procedure to be invoked. There are no exceptions.)
9. I understand that gambling of any form is prohibited.
10. I understand that possession of lasers of any type and possession or detonation of fireworks is prohibited.
11. I will demonstrate respect for unit and jamboree property and be personally responsible for any loss, breakage, or vandalism of property as a result of my actions.
12. Neither the unit leader, nor the BSA, will be responsible for loss, breakage, or theft of personal items. I will label all my personal items and check items of value at the direction of unit leaders. Theft will be grounds for expulsion.
13. While participating in the action centers, aquatics, and other activities, I will obey the safety rules and instructions of all supervisors and staff members.
14. All applicants are prohibited from having firearms and weapons in their possession.
15. Scoutmasters and assistants will be guided by the Scout Oath and Scout Law and will obey all applicable laws.
16. Scoutmasters and assistants must receive Youth Protection Training and follow the guidelines therein.
17. Hazing has no place in Scouting, nor do running the gauntlet, belt lines, or similar physical punishment. Leaders and older youth must prevent any youth from being “initiated” into the troop with hazing.
18. Adult leaders should have the good judgment to avoid trading souvenirs or patches with a child or youth member in Scouting. Youth members may trade with other youth members. Adult leaders may trade only with other adults 18 years of age or older.
19. Adult leaders and youth leaders must instruct youth to avoid confrontation with groups, demonstrators, or hecklers, and must assume a passive reaction to name-calling from individuals or groups. Units or groups must be removed from the area of potential conflict immediately.
20. Personal bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, and in-line skates will not be permitted at the jamboree. In addition, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and scooters are prohibited.
21. Serious violation of this code may result in expulsion from the jamboree at the applicant’s own expense, including additional airfare. All decisions will be final.

That is why God gave them tails Wink

kwikstick

posted 12/01/2013 05:45 PM  

lmao!!!
good one surfacestrike, that was funny up

but there's no code of conduct with a pledge...

a pledge is personal, either you step up and honor the pledge you make or you don't make one!

ExTechjunkie

posted 12/01/2013 09:34 PM  

Sure, why not. Check the sig. \/ \/ \/ \/

>< ) ) ) )*> ~ •The tug is my drug• >< ) ) ) )*> ~

BIRD2778

posted 12/01/2013 11:49 PM  

I caught 3 keeper bass from the beach last year. 3 keepers. 3.

I will stick with [email protected] I sure as hell aren't hurting the stocks.

Sorry guys.

www.spotburncharters.com

"Giving away LI Sound fishing locations since 2009".

dennismako

posted 12/02/2013 06:53 AM  

kwikstick wrote:

i saw this on FB on the, surfcaster's journal online magazine...
we have to start somewhere..i'm in up

The [email protected] Pledge

The [email protected] Pledge is an interim step that we are proposing to help reduce fish mortality. While catch and release is always preferred, the pledge is simple...in situations when you do not practice catch and release, you pledge to only take one fish per day at no less than 32". The [email protected] Pledge applies to striped bass caught from the surf or shore, on private boats, and party boats.

We are hopeful that the Pledge can help to rebuild the striped bass biomass, one angler at a time, as we wait patiently for the ASMFC to act. Please consider joining us in taking the Pledge.

We encourage you to share your Pledge with others via conversations, social media or other avenues. This grassroots movement will not only help striped bass, but will also serve as a “wake-up call” to the ASMFC that we are serious stewards of the resource. Take the [email protected] Pledge.

why 32, why not 36 or 40 ?

NYS is in desperate need of a group to protect everyones rights to enjoy its water sports and natural resources
if you can or know somebody who would Please help. thank you

bucktail

posted 12/02/2013 06:56 AM  

had more that 100 keepers this season, that's a conservative number, and kept maybe 15, all around 28", released the large. Dinner for 2 and the remainder of each fish given to friends or family no longer able to fish themselves.

BANNED FROM POSTING COMMENTS ABOUT REPORTS AND PROUD OF IT!

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.