Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

What happened with Tica?

Discussion Boards > Fishing Rods
Voffkany

posted 03/05/2012 04:21 PM  

I recently noticed that big shops like Bass Pro, Cabelas and TackeDirect do not sell Tica rods. Only Cabelas has UEHA series but nobody has UGSA except for a few small private sellers.

JACKSON

posted 03/05/2012 09:48 PM  

Not sure but the Tica Wasabi rod is awesome. I'm surprised it didn't catch on more.

ArtieFluke429

posted 03/06/2012 12:10 AM  

Maybe enough people realized that there rods are composed of low quality components. U get what ya pay for . They use super cheap ; basically disposable guides and cheap reel seats on most of their models. The blanks themselves are definelty sensitive , but they break easy . Myself and others I fish with have had nothing but bad experiences . Just can't get past those cheap o guides ...

MacSquid

posted 03/06/2012 05:57 AM  

ArtieFluke429 wrote:

Maybe enough people realized that there rods are composed of low quality components. U get what ya pay for . They use super cheap ; basically disposable guides and cheap reel seats on most of their models. The blanks themselves are definelty sensitive , but they break easy . Myself and others I fish with have had nothing but bad experiences . Just can't get past those cheap o guides ...

Cheap o guides arn't necessarily a bad thing. Replacing broken ones is how I learned to wrap rods! LOLShades

If you don't run out of bait or beer. How do you know when you're done fishing?

bassbuster789

posted 03/06/2012 06:57 AM  

I know they ain't no lami but I bought a tica tc2 8' rod last season to have as a beater rod and I ended uP fishing it all season and put over 500 bass and blues on it and really love the rod. Paired witha penn sargus is a great combo for under 150$ .

stellamaris

posted 03/06/2012 10:45 AM  

ArtieFluke429 wrote:

didn't know fugi guides were considered cheap these days Confused

STELLA MARIS BAIT & TACKLE IS OPEN AT 5 AM EVERYDAY AND WE HAVE FRESH BUNKER DELIVERED DAILY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKSON

posted 03/06/2012 05:52 PM  

Artie, of the rod(s) you know of that were broken, where on the rod was the snap?

Discussion Boards > Fishing Rods  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.