Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Weird/Funny fishermen exchanges you made last year

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
f150OffRoad

posted 02/13/2012 02:40 PM  

I was just thinking of some of the peculiar meetings I had last year with other fishermen, maybe some can also share:

1. I was fishing South Shore by a jetty and I was catching mostly blue fish using tins and surface popers. Then these 2 young guys move from the beach side and come and fish next to me with bait. But since the current was strong they kept crossing my line. I gave them a few looks but they did not care, they just laughed back.

It gets better

As soon as I bring and release a nice sized blue, one of the guys comes up to me and he says coman I lik blue fiss dont hrow it back I ill teik it. I said to him it is not legal to do so because I may exceed my daily limit if I give you all the fish I catch!

So I moved to the beach area they were fishing and I caught a nice size bass. As soon as I released it, the same guy runs over to me again and he is angry now. That was a streper man. Whats ur doin? Give it to me next time. So I tell him, I cant do that, and besides you just told me you only like blue fish!
-------------------------------------------------------
Fished North Shore late in the season about 100 feet from another guy fishing. We were doing ok catching some schoolies and small blues and he switched for blackfish fishing. He brought a few ones out, and then in the corner of my eye I see him cast and his pole breaks in half. One half in his hand and the other in the water. I started walking towards him and he said something like are you a doctor? Can you fix this fracture? We laughed and he said, I have a bad back and bad hands can you bring my line in manually? I said yes, and as I am bring it in, I feel fish on! I brought in a 30" striper, which he offered me but we released it. Funny guy, great fisherman and I fished with him a few times for blackfish and porgies.

Save the Seals
they make the Perfect Pets

This post edited by f150OffRoad 04:42 PM 02/13/2012

eisey

posted 02/13/2012 07:51 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS.....you are reaching your one year anniversary on this site. Time flies.

Bob Eisey,  LIBBA 1002,  MSA 295

f150OffRoad

posted 02/13/2012 09:36 PM  

Thanks Man! Love the Avatar!

So you and Leoo hit on any fish the other day?
or was it just an early season get out and check the ocean day without getting anyone spooked? Wink

Too serious arounf here eh? I can't believe nobody wants to share some fun stories Confused

Save the Seals

JAYBASS

posted 02/14/2012 09:21 AM  

One night early in the Spring, I was fishing a spot and was surprised to find myself alone there. I hate fishing this spot at night alone, because I hate wading out by myself. For those of you who know me waste deep for an average surfcaster is about armpit depth for me. Well anyway it always takes me a bit, especially early in the season, to get comfortable wading at night. So I was out there and it was unusually quiet. Then I start hearing alot of rustling from behind me in the bushes. So I start thinking, ok its just raccoons. But the rustling and commotion is getting louder and closer. Even being out a few yards out into the water, my hair started standing up on the back of my neck. All of a sudden three guys popped out of the bushes. I could just about make out the first person over the knee high grass. They fished for a while and discovered what I already knew, the fish weren't cooperating that night. On the way out I stopped to chat with them and discovered that one of them was non other than noreasts own FRANKIE SURF. I asked him why the hell he came walking through the grass, and he replied he wanted to know if he could get from point A to point B with out driving. And then told me that you could but he would likely be suffering from poison ivy. So you can get from point A to point B with out a car, but I am not getting poison ivy to get to a spot.surprise Thanks for the info Frank.up

2009-13 DEADSTICK CHAMP, A-Team Hostage Crisis Unit, Lead Negotiator, LEAD INVESTIGATOR, INVESTIGATIVE DIVISION OF RAIBS

FIX NOREAST, GET RID OF THE POLITICAL THREAD...

eisey

posted 02/14/2012 12:56 PM  

It must have been a real low tide if both Jay and Frankie were in the surf. lol. I know, I am no one to talk, I couldn't resist it. Miss both you guys. Lets get the season started.

Bob Eisey,  LIBBA 1002,  MSA 295

f150OffRoad

posted 02/14/2012 07:47 PM  

I forgot the best one:

I was fishing North Shore Inlet early morning and this st&&pid guy on a boat comes by fast and it takes my line, my reel is going fast, I see smoke, but just in time before it explodes I cut the line with my knife. We all give the guy the fingers and curse at him.

We kept on fishing and then after about 2 hours what do we see? The Bay Constable is towing the same boat back into the marina.

That was Great! We all had a chance to expresss ourselves as the idiot was being paraded next to us.

Save the Seals

JAYBASS

posted 02/15/2012 08:27 AM  

Your line probably did his prop seal in.Toungue

That almost happened to someone I know.surprise Good thing he caught it in time.Shades

2009-13 DEADSTICK CHAMP, A-Team Hostage Crisis Unit, Lead Negotiator, LEAD INVESTIGATOR, INVESTIGATIVE DIVISION OF RAIBS

StnkyFingers

posted 02/15/2012 08:57 AM  

I was fishing the southwest rip in Moriches
When this guy cast his bucktail down current
Of me. Of course I drifted right in to it, his
Line was now across my console. So I grabbed
It, hand line it in and cut off his buck and stick it on my
Dash. He stood there on the rocks screaming at me for a half hr
, saying give me my bucktail back! LOL it was so
Funny, He did not get it back...

This is a tiny town,and we don't want you coming around

f150OffRoad

posted 02/15/2012 02:36 PM  

I have no problem sharing the ocean with boats but I do have a problem with some idiots doing 60 in a 10 zone, which is also on a bent, and you can only see the boats coming for a few seconds.

Maybe it was my braid messing up his prop!

Save the Seals

likeitreallyis

posted 02/15/2012 03:03 PM  

.. I had to tell a guy camping at one of the beaches (out of towner) that throwiong a diamond jig works better if you reel it in instead of casting it out there and leaving it sit on the bottom while the pole deadsticks

Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,

JAYBASS

posted 02/15/2012 06:49 PM  

Bob, please stop giving away trade secrets.Finger

f150OffRoad

posted 02/16/2012 09:29 AM  

I saw a guy hrowing a 7" black plastic tube and then holding the rod?? I thought he must be on to something, but he did not bring any fish out (as i did the same) so I lost confidence and did not copy his method.

Save the Seals

saltysurfman

posted 02/16/2012 09:29 AM  

likeitreallyis wrote:

.. I had to tell a guy camping at one of the beaches (out of towner) that throwiong a diamond jig works better if you reel it in instead of casting it out there and leaving it sit on the bottom while the pole deadsticks

You should have invited him to the Deadstick Extravaganza.

frankiesurf

posted 02/17/2012 10:51 PM  

That is some funny stuff Jay.

I never did get Poison Ivy nor did we get any fish.

It was certainly a hell of a long walk back to my truck though!

I would not suggest that point A to point B walk to anyone. Poison Ivy, ticks and fast moving traffic are not good odds to get to a spot that is easily accessible by normal means.

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.