Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

So now I'm angry!!!

Page  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum
ArtemNY

posted 11/23/2010 05:16 PM  

Was fishing at RM today, nothing... Well it should be at a "reports" section I guess but the story is not about it.
After RM I came back to Brooklyn and fished at a newly discovered place by Sea Gate. Was getting basses hit after hit but all small 15-22 inch. Was playing catch and release. The guy next to me was playing catch and hide. While I was there he kept at least 25 basses not even a single grown fish, all up to 20 inch. That made me mad like hell I asked him if he knew what is the size and quantity limit, he pretended like he didn't understand what I was talking about, well if he played catch and hide I guess he knew what he was doing.
Usually when someone takes small fish I don't mind when it's 1 or 2 or 3 fishes, but damn 25 fishes.....

Can anyone give me or tell me where I can find a local Brooklyn DEC phone #?
From now on I'm gonna report every small fish and I don't give a s%#t if anyone thinks that this is wrong to report someone... I want to be able to catch some fish next year...

==O==============
Striper wars

KL172

posted 11/23/2010 05:21 PM  

1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332).

floatstone

posted 11/23/2010 08:26 PM  

You have the right to be angry

Most of us would feel the same

A few illegal fish to put food on the table to feed your starving family. No objections. Bit 25 is ridiculous

Good luck

PS

did you ask him if he had a license surprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother but to fight my greatest enemy -myself.

tieingoneon

posted 11/23/2010 09:40 PM  

I am a big beliver in carma!!! He will get his!!!!

RedWolf

posted 11/24/2010 04:54 PM  

He will get his. He will probably throw his back out trying to bring all those fish back to his car and fall and sue the state. He will be rewarded $1.5 million and get compensated for the rest of his life. **** usually happens to the people who follow the rules!!

This post edited by RedWolf 05:04 PM 11/24/2010

garrr

posted 11/24/2010 05:24 PM  

It's amazing how they find a dead bird on the beach @ Demo, Close the beach & the Feds Launch an investigation; But we have Goons killing short stripers by the thousands all over the island & no one does a thing about it Really

This post edited by garrr 05:25 PM 11/24/2010

ArtemNY

posted 11/24/2010 07:08 PM  

garrr wrote:

It's amazing how they find a dead bird on the beach @ Demo, Close the beach & the Feds Launch an investigation; But we have Goons killing short stripers by the thousands all over the island & no one does a thing about it Really

The fish is there every day now, that's why I guess he's gonna be there tomorrow and I'll be there tommorow too, if he takes a single bass, I'll make a call BUT people like him know how to hide their a$$es from DECs.
KL172 wrote:

1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332).

Added to the phone book. Thanks!
floatstone wrote:

A few illegal fish to put food on the table to feed your starving family. No objections. Bit 25 is ridiculous

Starving family? Cmon! It's impossible to be starving in the US...
floatstone wrote:

did you ask him if he had a license surprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

Does it make any difference? Smile

==O==============
Striper wars

This post edited by ArtemNY 07:09 PM 11/24/2010

Bigcitybigfish12

posted 11/26/2010 01:35 AM  

Man you shoulda called 3-11 and had them connect you to the DEC. It's $500 per illegally kept Striped Bass. So if you reported this guy, he'd have a serious chunk bitten out of his ass.Mad

~AJ~

><---,(('>-------O-------
~~~~~~~~~~~:>-<

Soundbounder

posted 11/26/2010 07:02 AM  

garrr wrote:

That's easy!!!
A dead bird on the beach gets reported; someone keeping short stripers does not. It's kind of hard to blame the DEC on this story.

http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Mariner

posted 11/26/2010 07:43 AM  

Why not just take a picture of the jokers with your cell phone and turn them in? Or you can buy a digital camera now for 20 bucks to keep on board. There’s no shame in turning people like this in. In another 20 years there won’t be any fish left.

MohawkJD

posted 11/26/2010 08:09 AM  

Where do you get those cameras for $20? I'd like to buy a couple. I've been looking for awhile and all I come up with for $20 is the memory card.

DamnFish

posted 11/26/2010 08:48 AM  

Bigcitybigfish12 wrote:

Man you shoulda called 3-11 and had them connect you to the DEC. It's $500 per illegally kept Striped Bass. So if you reported this guy, he'd have a serious chunk bitten out of his ass.Mad

That is on helluva fine....I like it...I think DEATH would be better.....But In my experience....I have never seen the DEC or any law enforcement agency look at the catch of people they don't think can afford the find. Jeez...I was even on a dock (which will remain secret for this story), but the DEC officer came right over to my bucket.....do you think he checked and of the other buckets, that belonged to Non English speaking fishermen...Oh hell no! Now thatI have a problem with...

Gaucho

Posted Reports

posted 11/26/2010 08:59 AM  

DEC have all be laid off....who ya gonna call??

Long story short....I was talking to one of the building janitors last year about fishing and he was telling me him and his son got caught with out of season blackfish, short porgies and to many stripers...ALL IN 1 DAYsurprise...Went to court and paid a $75 fine. But he did lose 2 days Worth of work.

Go figureRoll

ArtemNY

posted 11/26/2010 10:53 AM  

Now that's getting interesting. Was there yesterday, called them after I counted 5 basses under 20 inch in one bag. They asked me how to get there (address, walk etc) and said they'r gonna be there in 15 minutes. 2 hours later I left and no one ever shown up.
Yesterday when I got homw I called the main DEC office and reported the place, they said they'll be there today. I'll be there today also, so let's see...

From now on I'm not going to let it go like this. I will be eating their brains till they get their a$$ses over there and give some big tickets. Hope it will decrese this small bass genocide.

PS I've got 3 basses yesterday 20-25 inch (I guess big bass on its way Smile ). When I was letting all the fish go they all were looking at me like I'm mental Toungue That was so funny, seemed like all of them were ready to jump in a freezing water to get my fish Toungue Why people are so greedy and selfish...

==O==============
Striper wars

garrr

posted 11/26/2010 11:42 AM  

Soundbounder wrote:

garrr wrote:

That's easy!!!
A dead bird on the beach gets reported; someone keeping short stripers does not. It's kind of hard to blame the DEC on this story.

Not as easy as you suggest!
Of all the times I have called DEC & parks about shorts being taken, they have shown up only once.
Whereas the response to the Plover death @ RM this year was so fast & large that you would think that they spotted OBL on the beach!

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum Page  1, 2, 3  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.