Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

The Race

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler
WoundUp

posted 05/20/2013 01:40 PM  

Heading to Shelter Island for memorial day and bringing the boat out. What area would I look up to find the tides? Anyone have a view this weekend of what time the tides are for sat/sun?

Also - what marine forecast do you look at for that area? Eastern sound?

Thanks

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 05/20/2013 06:20 PM  

I would look at the NOAA Tides and Current Predictions to determine tide and currents for the areas around Shelter Island you intend to fish.

And I'd use the NOAA Point Forecast to determine the marine or land forecast for the area you intend to fish.

President, RAIBS
Recreational Anglers against Internet BS

reelfisher
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
Partyboat Fishing
Fisheries Management

posted 05/22/2013 03:24 PM  

Rather than the eastern sound forecast, I prefer to look at the ocean forecast as I find that the LIS forecast tends to understate the winds. It can get pretty nasty in the race add in wind vs tide and it can be downright ugly. I use the tides for Silver Eel Pond on Fisher's Island.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and
since it's in English, thank a soldier."

reelfire

posted 05/23/2013 02:33 AM  

If your staying in the bay around Shelter Island use the tides for greenport harbor on the North side or Sag Harbor on the southside. Stop in WeGo Bait and Tackle onRt 25 in southold Steve will have fresh bait, the tides chart you need and accurate up to the minute fishing reports.

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.