Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Be careful there is a submerged

Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler
PURSUITWA

posted 06/09/2013 08:33 PM  

Boat floating upside down about 1 mile south of the bay shore marina. Apparently it has been drifting around the area since Memorial Day weekend. I saw a Boat US tow boat by it on my way to F.I. this morning with a few other boats in the area. I assumed it was being taken care of. But on my way home around 4, it was still out there unattended with some small green flag attached. The flag was all wet and was laying in the water. Really not maked well at all.

My neighbor said some lawyer owned the boat and said let the bank take care of it.

Someone is gong to hit that at night.

Be careful

Skatemaster,time to apologize to Tevlin's parents

JesusBird

posted 06/10/2013 05:50 AM  

Lawyers! The moral compass of society......

Aquarius

posted 06/10/2013 07:53 AM  

Is this the boat that was reported to have sunk on news 12 last week? Owner was a lawyer. He bought boat used from Vidas Marine in Freeport. On his first trip with his girlfriend (which he started at 8:00PM) he said water started suddenly pouring in and the engine started smoking. The boat sank just as the Coast Guard got them off.

He said on TV that they intended to sue Vidas Marine for the cost of salvage ect. First trip on a new boat at 8:00PM? News 12 didn't mention the level of the guys experience (go figure News 12). Sounds like he was running around in the dark, possibly hit something, and ripped an outdrive off.

Here is a News 12 link. Not sure if a non subscriber to cable vision can view it.

New 12 Story

From June 2, 2013

BAY SHORE - A Kings Park couple and their dog were rescued by the Coast Guard Saturday night after their boat took on water.
David Grossman just bought a 1988 pleasure cruiser from John Vidas Marina in Freeport and decided to take it out for the first time last night. Minutes later and roughly 3 miles from shore, Grossman says smoke started pouring out of the engine, and the boat began to take on water.
Grossman, his girlfriend and their dog waited 45 minutes for the Coast Guard to arrive. Minutes later, the boat sank.
Grossman says he will have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to get the boat out of the Great South Bay. The couple may take legal action against John Vidas Marina.
John Vidas Marina did not return calls for comment.

USCG Licensed Chief Engineer of Steam and Motor Vessels Unlimited Horsepower

This post edited by Aquarius 08:10 AM 06/10/2013

PURSUITWA

posted 06/10/2013 08:28 AM  

Could be. the boat I saw yesterday had a yellow and red hull near the pulpit. That's all I could see. The video is not loading on my work computer but that boat doesn't look the same color ( if its the one at the start of the video).

This post edited by PURSUITWA 08:29 AM 06/10/2013

stpaul7
BIG DOG WINNER

posted 06/10/2013 09:21 AM  

Is this the boat ? I saw it on Thursday myself this pic was from a friend on Facebook

BOAT FISH COUNT  MAMA MIA FISHING

This post edited by stpaul7 09:21 AM 06/10/2013

Aquarius

posted 06/10/2013 10:31 AM  

Red and white hull with a black bottom. That could be it. Polished up from the pictures on News 12. Certainly a real hazard out there.

Something is fishy here. If he wants to hang Vidas Marine, wouldn't he have it salvaged so he could prove their negligence?

USCG Licensed Chief Engineer of Steam and Motor Vessels Unlimited Horsepower

LobsterD

posted 06/10/2013 11:21 AM  

Still floating around?? I would call that an abandoned boat, who you gonna sue if you leave your boat to the salvers ?

Dick Riddlebarger

TogTime

posted 06/10/2013 12:27 PM  

Salver Liability

Wonder what the liability would be if someone started to tow it in and then fuel or oil started to leak out.... Who would be responsible for that contamination? Risk vs. reward. Maybe the reason why no one has yet to lay hands on it....

Tight lines and be safe out there!

Dgrossman

posted 06/10/2013 12:30 PM  

Submerged boat

Sadly it's mine and I've been trying day and night to get it out of there. I can't find anyone willing to pull it in and the big companies are quoting astronomical numbers for a crane etc. if anyone is willing to pull it in you are hired

Dgrossman

posted 06/10/2013 12:52 PM  

If I had the money to pay to get the boat out of the water I would. I'm being threatened every day that I am going to be jailed. Don't you think if I had the money I would just pay it. I have been up day and night calling everybody to help me. So like I said if anyone is willing to help me please get back to me I will pay you anything I can.

trafik

posted 06/10/2013 12:53 PM  

Sumtin smells fishy around here an it aint da bait!

ffishhunterusa

posted 06/10/2013 12:53 PM  

COAST GUARD KNOWS ITS THERE???

[quote=Dgrossman]Sadly it's mine and I've been trying day and night to get it out of there. I can't find anyone willing to pull it in and the big companies are quoting astronomical numbers for a crane etc. if anyone is willing to pull it in you are hired
DID YOU CALL COAST GUARD? THEY KNOW ITS FLOATING AROUND??? WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO HIT IT AND SINK THEM ALSO???????

CATCH AND RELEASE STRIPEBASS LIBBA #1000

Dgrossman

posted 06/10/2013 01:22 PM  

Submerged vessel

Amazingly everyone knows and does not do anything about it. I had to pay someone 500 just to out some buoys on it and they washed away the next day. The authorities require the owner to get it out at own expense even if you do not have it and if yu dump gas or someone hits it its on owner. No one will take care of it. This was all shocking to me too but that's the way it is

CaptPaul
Noreast.com Club Member

Fisheries Management
Partyboat Fishing

posted 06/10/2013 01:40 PM  

You're responsible for your property. What's the shocking part about that? Insurance is available for a reason.

As far as salvage goes, if you put a line on it, you accept a portion of the liability. However, just because he isn't on the vessel, doesn't mean he looses ownership. If you secure it, you are only entitled to a claim for salvage costs, you do not get the vessel. A real salvor negotiates a price before engaging the project. People think that the movies make the law. Like if you find a car broken down on the side of the road, you can tow it away and keep it.

PURSUITWA

posted 06/10/2013 01:45 PM  

Does that boat have any yellow in the hull? I could have sworn there was yellow next to the red.

DGROSSMAN, if you are for real, then PM me . I know a guy with a barge and crane. Maybe he can do something.

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.