Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

2/28/09 NFSS pictures and comments

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > Events, Seminars, & Tournaments
CHEVY1

posted 02/28/2009 06:28 PM  

I have to say all 3 speakers did a great job. Rich you did great for your first time surpriseyou handled it like you have done it 100 times before.upup
John is a old pro at it Wink

But having know Billy since the late 80's this was my first time listening to his seminar, and he blew me awayupup
Informative and funny as can beToungue Good to see you again Bill.

Here are a few pics from the teaser table with Mark( IPLAYFAIR) and I HAVE GILLS. I found my two table mount vises, and will definitely be making my own very soon.

Thank You Kevin and George for putting this together and donating the money to one of our own.

I drive a jeep, but CHEVY is in my blood. libba # 1742, Striped Bass Coop.
Take more garbage than you brought with you-every time!

This post edited by CHEVY1 06:30 PM 02/28/2009

LeoDA

posted 02/28/2009 06:41 PM  

This post edited by LeoDA 06:45 PM 02/28/2009

MatthewPaul
Noreast.com Club Member

Events, Seminars, & Tournaments
Surf Fishing Forum

posted 02/28/2009 06:52 PM  

WHAT A GREAT SEMINAR!

Kevin, John Skinner, Rich Trox, et al., GREAT JOB! The seminar was a huge hit (outside of Joe "Hawkscay" winning 1/2 the raffle Toungue). Now, let's get out there and catch some bass!

LIBBA #1194

"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."    ~"Brain Damage," Dark Side of the Moon, Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

"SOLVITUR AMBULANDO: It is solved by walking."  ~Saint Augustine

This post edited by MatthewPaul 08:03 AM 03/01/2009

likeitreallyis

posted 02/28/2009 06:53 PM  

posted here

here

Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,

bigwillip

posted 02/28/2009 07:25 PM  

Lectures today

A not-to-be-missed day!

Kevin, you're amazing. Fantastic job! And everyone who contributed was selfless. (I won a plug in the raffle - I guess HawksBay didn't want that one - which is a very sweet lure but I don't know who made it to praise them)

Rich, John and Billy were true inspirations. Rich, I was surprised to see that this was a first for you. You were great and you have a special view of the 'bays'. I hope that this is not the last lecture you do. I learned a ton from you about how to think about the waters we are targeting.

Billy, you should have your own comedy club circuit. Your experience and philosophy spewed forth in an entertaining lecture that gave me some true pearls.

I only got to chat with a couple of Nor'easters but this was a remarkable day. And I hope that it is a yearly event. This was better than any show that I have been to.

You can't do the inevitable...

walleyeman
Noreast.com Club Member

Events, Seminars, & Tournaments
Surf Fishing Forum
Posted Reports

posted 02/28/2009 07:41 PM  

What a Huge Success!!

I want to thank all of those who attended the seminar today! It was a great turnout. up Rich, John, Billy, Mark and Eric did a super job as presenters and providing the teaser tying workshop and eel rigging session. Thanks to all of you who helped me out - I have a great team of people always willing to step in and do whatever is needed! They were great! The raffle for Lou's rod alone brought in over $1,000. The winner was Predrag - he won via the online raffle! Thanks to Lou (redhawk19) and everyone else for all of your much appreciated donations for the raffle fundraiser for Ariana and her family. It was great to see Wayne today and he was very thankful for all the support he and his family has recived from the Noreast community. George and Noreast has also contributed $500 for Ariana and her family in addition to the other donations and raffle money. In total we raised $4,451 for Ariana and her family! Thanks again to all for making a difference! It has been tremendous to see the Noreast family come together to help support one of our own! upup

LIBBA #1983
MSA #1982

This post edited by walleyeman 07:44 PM 02/28/2009

RichTrox
Noreast.com Club Member

Surf Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
User Video Comments
Blogs

posted 02/28/2009 11:39 PM  

to all those who atteneded,....

First off, a huge thanks to Kevin and all those who helped put this event on. You guys worked your butts off and this was a first class event. And another huge thanks to the donators, who provided great raffle prizes at their own time and/or expense. The NFSS has come a long way from the 30-40 person coffee clutches it started out as two years ago.

Second, and more importantly, I considered it an honor to participate in such a worthy cause. These kinds of things are referred to as "enlightened self-interest". What this means is that noreast members gathered valuable knowledge on their favorite past time, and at the same time provided invaluable assistance to a noreast family member in need. For all of you who ponied up, you have done yourself and the noreast family proud.

It was good to see all of you today.

-Rich

Check out my weekly blog at Stripers247 View from the beach
Drive your car like your life depends on it.

legasea

posted 03/01/2009 10:49 AM  

What a great day!!

A big round of applause to the best seminar I have attended all winter!!. John Skinner, Billy the Greek and Rich Trox did a fantastic job...Man what a trio of anglers to learn from! To Kevin and his support staff Smile...nice job setting this up, all the logistics are harder work than it appears and you guys made it look easy. And last but not least to Noreast and its members...I am proud to be affiliated with such a great group of people!

To Ariana and her family....we are all praying and thinking about you during this difficult time.

Ken

AQUAHOLIC1

posted 03/01/2009 11:27 AM  

GREAT DAY

Time flys when your having funToungue
What a awesome seminar guys.
RICH...great job with back bay tacticsup and reading the waterup
They say you have to think like a fish to understand them, and I could swear you are part bassToungueToungueToungue

John Skinner.....I bring home something every time I listen to you. Great job helping understand and sharing your eeling skills.

This was my first time meeting and talking to BILLY THE GREEK.
This guy is a monsta bass magnet. When I land my 50 this spring I will be sure to share the credit with youToungue

It was great to see my fishing buddies again after a long winter and now my mind is on bass fishing this spring. I needed this seminar to get me jump started into FISHING MODE ToungueToungueWink

It was great to meet Wayne and its awesome to see NOREAST.COM step in to help with his family with some expences in this long , hard road he has ahead of him...GOOD LUCK WAYNE and my prayers will stay with you and your familyupup

George Scocca....your donation just confirms the kinda guy you are....TOP SHELF

Thank you Kevin and all his helpers for putting this together
Congrats to the winner of my charter and I cant wait to use some of our new tactics to put you on one of BILLYS size bass surprisesurpriseToungue

Lets try to get in one more seminar before the season startsupup

THANKS AGAIN.........CAPT. GIL

check it out friends
Aquaholic Fishing

TOMMYBOY1

posted 03/01/2009 12:47 PM  

We've come a long way from the first gathering of 30-40 to the approx 150 attendees we had yesterday. What a lineup of seasoned pros to share info on our local waters you really can't get anywhere else. Last year was my most productive bass year ever because of the knowledge we are so willing to share. Last year the teaser turned my season around thanks to Mark (iplayfair) and this year I hope some of Rich's, John's and Billy's magic has settled some place in my noggin to apply for bigger bass. Last year was quantity and this year I'm looking for bigger fish.
Thanks Kev for setting it all up (congrats of your sons Bball win) and to everyone who pitched in on making it all run so smoothly - you guys know who you are. It's a real pleasure to share in a community that has hearts as big as their tackle boxes. Best wishes to Wayne and his daughter, my thoughts are with you my friend.
cheers TOMMYBOY!

surfhound

posted 03/01/2009 02:57 PM  

what a great seminar!!!

thanks to all who worked so hard to put this together.walleyeman thanks for making my daufgter,wife and myself feel welcome.i would also like to thank rich trexler,john skinner aswell as billy the greek.the seminars wewe great.thanks again guys for answering all the questoins and for taking the time to sign a few autographs.
john thanks for having patients with my questions aswell as my daughter who was so interested in your eel rigging process.
cant wait till next time.

till then tight lines
basshound -moses

surfeditor
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 03/01/2009 03:52 PM  

surfhound wrote:

john thanks for having patients with my questions as well as my daughter who was so interested in your eel rigging process.

Hey that required no patience at all! She was adorable! Careful, she'll have a boyfriend and be driving before you know it.

A Season on the Edge

Fishing the Bucktail

Striper Pursuit

stpaul7
BIG DOG WINNER

posted 03/01/2009 08:18 PM  

I just Added a few Videos from yesterdays Seminar
VIDEOS

BOAT FISH COUNT  MAMA MIA FISHING

eisey

posted 03/01/2009 08:30 PM  

Pablo.....work out a deal with George to put them on DVD.

Bob Eisey,  LIBBA 1002,  MSA 295

This post edited by eisey 08:30 PM 03/01/2009

rpavlick
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 03/01/2009 08:31 PM  

What a great day! Thanks very much to Kevin, the speakers, and all the nor'easters who volunteered for this seminar. It really shows what a great group of people we have at this site. I learned so much at this seminar and the speakers were absolutely awesome. It was great that all the speakers hung around all day to leave no questions unanswered. Rich, you did awesome! I couldn't believe that you actually swim to fishing spots. Do you put a leash on the fish you catch and ride them back to shore? lol. John is top notch and Billy was not only informative but also really entertaining! And it was so fun that we got to learn so much while helping out a family in need. Really cool stuff.

Want to advertise on noreast.com?
[email protected]
631 863 0170 ext. 28

www.facebook.com/noreastsaltwater

Discussion Boards > Events, Seminars, & Tournaments Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.