Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics



NYS Saltwater License Repealed

Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


  Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
Author Message
walleyeman
Noreast.com Club Member


Moderator
Events, Seminars, & Tournaments
Surf Fishing Forum
Posted Reports

Joined: 07/30/2002
Posts: 3716
Location: Bohemia
 posted 03/23/2011 03:03 PM  

George has been informed that the NYS Saltwater License has been repealed.

Those who have paid for the lifetime license will get a refund.


LIBBA #1983
MSA #1982
 
toyotaoffroad91


Joined: 06/29/2006
Posts: 1982
 posted 03/23/2011 03:06 PM  

you heard it hear first folks! very happy i never got one
 
likeitreallyis


Joined: 10/28/2005
Posts: 16948
Location: Rolling in the deep....
 posted 03/23/2011 03:07 PM  

I spent $60 on two "combo" licenses for the wife and I just yetserday surprise. I guess my money is gone.. oh well good news anyway but now who pays for the DEC patrols ?

we need them more than ever these days poaching is rampant.


Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,
 
likeitreallyis


Joined: 10/28/2005
Posts: 16948
Location: Rolling in the deep....
 posted 03/23/2011 03:09 PM  

I was checked 3x last year glad I bought one Will its was a big fine along with confiscation of equipment you're lucky I know you love those overpriced reels.. I'd be heartbroken, can't replace my US made Penns anymore surprise


Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,
 
fishkidsb


Joined: 07/01/2008
Posts: 1661
Location: Town
 posted 03/23/2011 03:20 PM  

STUPID MOVE

Now all the people that took swimming because they could not get a fishing license will be out there destroying our surf fishing beaches.

The warriors will be back in force.

Any real fisherman would want to pay $10/year for $ to go the DEC and to keep the idiots away fromour beaches.

WHAT WANTED THIS, other than possible the commercials.Frown
downdowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndown





 
toyotaoffroad91


Joined: 06/29/2006
Posts: 1982
 posted 03/23/2011 03:24 PM  

fishkidsb wrote:

Now all the people that took swimming because they could not get a fishing license will be out there destroying our surf fishing beaches.

The warriors will be back in force.

Any real fisherman would want to pay $10/year for $ to go the DEC and to keep the idiots away fromour beaches.

WHAT WANTED THIS, other than possible the commercials.Frown
downdowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndown




do you really think a license would stop this? no likely..you want to keep idiots from them beach? maybe you should follow your own advice and take up golf



This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 03:27 PM 03/23/2011
 
toyotaoffroad91


Joined: 06/29/2006
Posts: 1982
 posted 03/23/2011 03:25 PM  

likeitreallyis wrote:

I was checked 3x last year glad I bought one Will its was a big fine along with confiscation of equipment you're lucky I know you love those overpriced reels.. I'd be heartbroken, can't replace my US made Penns anymore surprise

regardless of how many highend chinese reels i own. its my god damn given right to fish..no agency will tax me on it.. I was checked several times (late night) by DEC..they never once asked for a license
 
Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member


Moderator
Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

Joined: 04/11/2001
Posts: 11014
Location: Holbrook, NY
 posted 03/23/2011 03:29 PM  

toyotaoffroad91 wrote:

its my god damn given right to fish..no agency will tax me on it..



LOL. In what country Will? I didn't see that line in our Constitution when I was in Social Studies. Nor the Bible when I went to catechism? Do atheists have the same right then?

Toungue


President, RAIBS
Recreational Anglers against Internet BS
 
stpaul7
BIG DOG WINNER
2010

Joined: 04/23/2002
Posts: 16210
Location: Moriches
 posted 03/23/2011 03:32 PM  

YOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I didn't pay for mine yet up



BOAT FISH COUNT  MAMA MIA FISHING
 
toyotaoffroad91


Joined: 06/29/2006
Posts: 1982
 posted 03/23/2011 03:32 PM  

Hunt n' Fish wrote:

toyotaoffroad91 wrote:

its my god damn given right to fish..no agency will tax me on it..



LOL. In what country Will? I didn't see that line in our Constitution when I was in Social Studies. Nor the Bible when I went to catechism? Do atheists have the same right then?

Toungue


read it again..its in thereToungueyou probaly slept through social studiesToungue theres a reason it was repealed after all...up


This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 03:42 PM 03/23/2011
 
morichesmonster


Joined: 08/28/2009
Posts: 479
 posted 03/23/2011 03:38 PM  

Sweet!!!up

Great news, should have never been a license in the first place!


Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
 
fishkidsb


Joined: 07/01/2008
Posts: 1661
Location: Town
 posted 03/23/2011 03:41 PM  

Good at that too!

toyotaoffroad91 wrote:

fishkidsb wrote:

Now all the people that took swimming because they could not get a fishing license will be out there destroying our surf fishing beaches.

The warriors will be back in force.

Any real fisherman would want to pay $10/year for $ to go the DEC and to keep the idiots away fromour beaches.

WHAT WANTED THIS, other than possible the commercials.Frown
downdowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndown




do you really think a license would stop this? no likely..you want to keep idiots from them beach? maybe you should follow your own advice and take up golf



I scored high 80's on the Black Course in Bethpage with a bad back and all. But I dont want to lose my North Shore Title to beardless twits that think that fishing with guides, noreast mods or reading books will make them real fishermen.




This post edited by fishkidsb 03:43 PM 03/23/2011
 
toyotaoffroad91


Joined: 06/29/2006
Posts: 1982
 posted 03/23/2011 03:45 PM  

well i grow a good beard, and youve already lost your north shore title..I dont fish with guides either..you got me all wrong pal.. your pretty easy to figure out...you still want to sit hear and measure dicks? as far as being a real fisherman..whats your definition of one?


This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 03:46 PM 03/23/2011
 
fishkidsb


Joined: 07/01/2008
Posts: 1661
Location: Town
 posted 03/23/2011 03:50 PM  

Ur Getting Red fruzzled again?







 
tman1

Joined: 11/01/2002
Posts: 918
Location: West Sayville, NY
 posted 03/23/2011 03:50 PM  

I'm glad I'm getting a refund because it was wrong that it went into the general fund.

What worries me is how is NY going to satify the fed requirements and are we going to loose Fed funds because of this. Hopefully the clowns in Albany have put some thought into this.
 
  Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Jump to:  




2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.